Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extension 1 download??

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
robbie
1119 Views, 9 Replies

Extension 1 download??

I currently have Smoke 2013 SP2 and I do NOT have a subscription. I wanted to try Ext1 but the trial download from Autodesk.com installs as Smoke 2013, not 2013.2.53. Is Ext1 no longer available for trial download? I'm assuming a subscription is the only way currently to "upgrade" me SP2 to Ext1?? Really would like to try it out. Can someone help me find it, or please clarify what I may be missing?? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Robbie Roof
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ws
Contributor
in reply to: robbie

without subscription no ext1

if you want ext1 you buy the subscription

Message 3 of 10
robbie
in reply to: ws

I get that. However, I was under the impression that there was a 30 day trial available of Extension 1. I know that it DID exist. Maybe it doesn't any more. Can someone please clarify???

Thank you kindly.

Robbie

Message 4 of 10
Robert.Adam

Hi everyone.

The Smoke 2013 Extension 1 trial was mistakenly removed from the trial download page.

We have made it available for download once again.

http://www.autodesk.com/trysmoke

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 5 of 10
martin_st
in reply to: Robert.Adam

I was wondering where I could get the Extension 1 with Student Licensing.

While on (http://www.autodesk.com/products/smoke/features/all/gallery-view) it says "Some features and enhancements are exclusively available to Autodesk Subscription customers as part of Smoke 2013 Extension 1."

Over at Premium Beat (http://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/extension-release-for-autodesk-smoke-2013-new-features/) they write

"UPDATE: As of June 19th, 2013 you can download the Extension 1 Release as a 30 Day trial even if you have downloaded a previous trial or pre-release. This is a big move for Autodesk and I think they made the right decision to open up these new features so that everyone can see the full potential that Smoke has to offer. It is also available for the 36 month Student License."

Further I tried it with the current Trial download of Smoke 2013 but it still seems to be only Service Pack 2, see attached screenshot.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Message 6 of 10
Robert.Adam
in reply to: martin_st

Hi Martin.

The trial download seems to have been reverted to the pre-Extension version for some reason.

We are looking into this and I'll post an update here as soon as we fix this issue.

As far as the Student license goes: the Extension is NOT available with a student license.

Regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 7 of 10
martin_st
in reply to: Robert.Adam

Thanks. I'll have a close look then, at all the different features Extension 1 introduces in a Smoke course I am going attend.

Message 8 of 10
Robert.Adam
in reply to: martin_st

Hi again, everyone.

The Smoke trial is back to version 2013 Ext 1.

You can get it at http://www.autodesk.com/trysmoke

Best regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 9 of 10
Dennis-fcp

Hello,

why does not exist the Smoke 2013 ext 1 version for student? Six month ago i had this option.

Thanks,

Dennis

Message 10 of 10
Robert.Adam
in reply to: Dennis-fcp

Hi Dennis.

Unfortunately, we cannot make the extension available with the free 3-year student license.

Extension versions are normally a benefit of paid subscription.

We made an exception for the current trial, because we wanted users to be able to try Smoke with Black Magic Design cards (which are only supported as of Ext1), and because the trial is limited to 30 days.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report