Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDL Link to ProRes 4444

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ABC_CNG
624 Views, 3 Replies

EDL Link to ProRes 4444

I am on Flame 2013 sp4.  I have imported EDL and am trying to link through Gateway to ProRes 4444 footage.  I am using wiretap gateway(Mac Pro) to see ProRes.  In file I/O global Alpha options I have selected RGB because I want to ignore the alpha; footage is ProRes 4444 coming from Alexa camera.  In relink options i have selected From Gateway, and Use timecode.  When I press Relink I get "found 1 video source" as expected.  I confirm, and arbitrairly it will link sometimes to the alpha(full whitte frame) and sometimes to the RGB. It's hit and miss.

I have not found a way to get it to ignore the alpha and force the RGB.

Is this a known bug? 

I know that conform is much improved in 2014/2015 but I am not there yet.  2014 sp2 and its DKU loaded on same Z800.

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve Beecher
Flame Artist
Disney ABC Television
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Beau_James
in reply to: ABC_CNG

Try bringing in the clip first and putting it in a "test" reel.  Then relink and select from reel instead of gateway or library.  if that doesn't work, use the load edl option in videio i/o and before you click assemble, select the "test" reel as the source and make sure it links (x).

Message 3 of 4
ABC_CNG
in reply to: Beau_James

Worked great!  No need to select from reel.  Library works.  When I bring all footage into library (with RGB only selected globally)  alpha is is not transferred to library.  I can now link to RGB footage in Library. 

It is only when trying to link through gateway that it sees alpha.  You would think though that it would ignore the alpha with RGB selected in Multichannel Options.

Thanks for the solution.  Will be moving on to 2015 asap.  

Steve Beecher
Flame Artist
Disney ABC Television
Message 4 of 4
Beau_James
in reply to: ABC_CNG

We're here to help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report