Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doing the crossgrade to Flame Assist, what do I loose?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
helgetjelta
435 Views, 3 Replies

Doing the crossgrade to Flame Assist, what do I loose?

Will I continue to use FCPXML in and out, as with smoke 2015 ?

Will I continue to use BMD for video out ?

Will I get a better program utilizing the two D700 cards in my new macPro, hopefully entering my facility tomorrow 🙂

/Helge

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
BKM
Advisor
in reply to: helgetjelta

If you interact with Flame and have a Flame License then you can crossgrade Smoke to Flame Assist. 
FCPXML will work as before.

Your BMD should work, although I think there might be a driver issue at the moment which may prevent that.

Your mac pro should provide more power, but neither Smoke nor Flame Assist will use both D700's.

Flame/Smoke Editor
Check out the Premiumbeat Smoke Blog
http://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/category/smoke-2/
Message 3 of 4
helgetjelta
in reply to: BKM

From FXguide:

“Creative Finishing Customers” (as Autodesk refers to them) who own Smoke on Mac are able to do a one-time, free cross grade to Flame Assist. Who are these “Creative Finishing” customers? They are those that own Flame Premium, Flame, or Lustre under the new 2015 product line. This will help those facilities that purchased Smoke to use it as an assistant or prep workstation. The bottom line is if you are a Creative Finishing Customer who owns Smoke 2015, Flame Assist is the product for you. In other words, do the cross grade.

So this qualyfies me, since I have a Smoke mac.

Will this be a good choice, I'll never do anything with flame (big one) ,but if I get replica node in Flame assist then I might just do the crossgrade.... Or is the replica node full Flame only and not Flame Assist?

btw: link to article on fxguide:

Article

/helge

Message 4 of 4
Robert.Adam
in reply to: helgetjelta

Hi Helge.

To clarify: you need to own BOTH Smoke Mac (with subscription) and a Flame or Flame Premium to be eligible for the cross-grade to Flame Assist.

Best regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report