Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointing video performance where is the update ?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
FalconCrest
181 Views, 5 Replies

Disappointing video performance where is the update ?

I'm pushing my video card with texture layers to the max, that I have to halt painting on a project, all Mud tells me is a downgrade of video performance if I add more layers, and the video card can handle over a gig of video memory, it appears as though you need dual or triple SLI which is insane.

There is hope, where is 2012 SAP, and gigtexturecore ? I hope Mudbox finally got to a workable point with 2012 SAP. Most versions before 2012 where, well, er, disappointing, in the performance field.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: FalconCrest

I think Sap releases sometime Today or tomorrow. The announcement states on or after 27th Sept.
Message 3 of 6
A.Baroody

I ignore the performance warning, mudbox seems to keep going fine 😛 Although dont push it too much or it will get ridiculously slow 🙂

I dont trust the gpu memory meter. Sometimes it says 2100MB in use and its still working fine.
Message 4 of 6
FalconCrest

I ignore the performance warning, mudbox seems to keep going fine 😛 Although dont push it too much or it will get ridiculously slow 🙂

I dont trust the gpu memory meter. Sometimes it says 2100MB in use and its still working fine.

It is at the sluggish point 😞 I hope it is released within the next day or two. Hopefully it will be more productive at this version then in the past.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Just downloading Sap, You are a lucky man. Go for it.
Message 6 of 6
FalconCrest

I am downloading... I will install today 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report