Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Smoke on Mac 2012 Trial/Betas

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
299 Views, 1 Reply

Deleting Smoke on Mac 2012 Trial/Betas

At one point I had a couple versions of Smoke on Mac when it was in trial/Beta form. When I went to uninstall them the uninstaller would hang/beachball and I'd need to force quit out just to stop the processes. I ended up just deleting the application folder. 

What other remnant files are there on my computer that I can also delete? I just installed 2015 and it won't launch so I'm assuming there is something leftover that is causing an issue (if I open in another login it works fine). 

Thanks,
Kevin

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Robert.Adam
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Kevin.

Most of Smoke's files are not in the /Applications/Autodesk/Smoke folder, but in the hidden /usr/discreet folder.

That folder contains Smoke's binaries, configuration files, but also your project files, so you should only delete that folder if there are no projects that you want to keep.

Try running the uninstaller that came with Smoke 2015 and see if it can remove all versions. If it won't, uninstall what you can and then manually delete the folder under /Applications as well as the /usr/discreet folder (again, provided you haven't created any Smoke projects that you want to keep).

You'll need to delete those hidden folders from the Terminal. Here's a KB article with instructions: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/smoke/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Removing-...

Don't forget to restart your Mac, and then try installing Smoke 2015 again.

If it still won't start, please post the _app.log and _shell. log from the /usr/discreet/log folder here.

Best regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report