Community
Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crash on OSX Mavericks when importing footage

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
JakubSporek
683 Views, 0 Replies

Crash on OSX Mavericks when importing footage

Hi,

every time I try to import a footage on Mavericks into composition, Composite crashes with following error:

Composite - Fatal Error

MtThreadUNIX: Terminating on unhandled exception:
[Exception Type = N2Dl4PxEx18ExRequestCancelledE, File = internalAPI/procImp/src/pxRequestImp.cpp, Line=4750]
PxRequest cancelled.
from thread:
PxRequestMgr-117
Call stack:Call stack has not been captured.

Anyone knows the solution to this problem? (I'm having this problem since upgrading to Mavericks)

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Steve_Curley
in reply to: JakubSporek

Which version of Composite? There's a lot of s/ware having issues with Mavericks so I'm not overly surprised that Composite is too.
2014 (as provided with Max 2014) is Build 9.0 - 864200, the one from the App Exchange is Build 9.0 - 909216 so quite a bit newer.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 7
JakubSporek
in reply to: Steve_Curley

All versions since 2013.

I tried 2013, 2014 Build # 9.0-862715 (which came with Maya) and also Exchange version (Build # 9.0-909216).

All producing exact same error.

I also tried to remove old preferences and let the new version create a new ones, but it still behaves the same 😞

Do you think there is some chance for Composite to be updated so it works with Mavericks?

Message 4 of 7
Steve_Curley

Your guess is as good as mine on that score, I'm afraid.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Has there been ANY solution found to this.

It's so frustrating because I really want to use this software.

Message 6 of 7
JakubSporek
in reply to: Anonymous

The only solution I've found is to get rid of this software, as Autodesk did it already by giving it away for free, with no perspective of future upgrades.

I switched to good old Shake 4.1, which works fine on recent OSX version. I hope it will work also on the upcoming Yosemite. Shake is still great SW... better than Composite.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks. I was afraid that might be the case.

Fortunately, I?m a long time Shake users. So I?ll give it a go. So disappointing what Apple did to Shake. Anyway thanks for the reply.

If anybody else has another solution I?d still love to hear it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report