Community
Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Composite crash on startup !!!SOLUTION FOUND!!!....

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
femia
425 Views, 0 Replies

Composite crash on startup !!!SOLUTION FOUND!!!....

Hey guys,

I have been having problems with Composite 2012/2013/2014 starting up during launch. I finally found out what the problem was. This page on xsisupport hightlights my issue.

http://xsisupport.com/2012/11/14/the-case-of-the-fatal-missing-registry-key/

For some reason during installs of newer or reinstalls of olders version my registry file for Composite was not created. Hence it does not know where the installed location was. So I created one for my missing version and then pointed it to the installed location and boom it worked.

Hope this helps.

Femi

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Steve_Curley
in reply to: femia

Why was the registry key missing? I don’t know.
My guess would be not installing as Administrator (right-click the installer > Run As Admin) - standard users may not have sufficient rights to create the registry key(s). Most AD s/ware needs to be installed, and run at least once, as Admin before "normal" users can run it successfully.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 4
femia
in reply to: Steve_Curley

It worked for a while then it stopped. I then installed Maya/Softimage 2015 and some other software then it stopped. So uninstalled it and re-installed as Admin but still had the same issue. Not sure why it disappered in the first place but hopefully this will help others find a solution.

Femi

Message 4 of 4
Steve_Curley
in reply to: femia

Hopefully, yes, though I've never had any problems (of that sort) with any AD products. Was just a guess as Max can have such issues (when not installed correctly) so there's no reason to assume SI is any different.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report