Community
Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Composite Resurface ?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
FalconCrest
605 Views, 0 Replies

Composite Resurface ?

Is composite dead or does Autodesk plan to update it soon ?

I don't have access to any other compositor, and I don't have the funds or access for Nuke or Digital Fusion. I don't want to add another Adobe program to my cloud subscription, that  being After Effects.  

I'm pleased with composite because it's geared toward someone who wants to take their 3D content out of Maya / Max and finish it off.  I know it doesn't offer the bells and whistles that is offerened in Nuke, Fusion or After Effects although those bells and whistles come at a cost, besides the time that is needed to learn.  

Autodesk doesn't need to invest a pool of resources into composite, patches to iron out hiccups would suffice.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
paulneale
in reply to: FalconCrest

Unfortunitly it is dead as far as development goes and has not seen anything major in a long time. I too rely on it as I don't do much compositing and don't want to shell out for Nuke but want to use a node based system and not AF. 

Paul Neale
PEN Productions
http://paulneale.com
Win 10 64bit
Nvidia GeForce 1060
Message 3 of 8
FalconCrest
in reply to: paulneale

Why is Autodesk charging so much for Maya or Max, those interested should get a discount on top of whatever discounts Autodesk offers for new licenses. I'm wondering if it would be possible to get roughly $600-$700 off the price if they are giving a dead product into the package it only is fair. There not developing for it anyhow, therefore there not having to pay to keep development going so why not give new licenses a $600+ discount or even $500 at least. You think I'm wrong ? 🙂

Message 4 of 8
paulneale

They are giving you Composite for free as Max and Maya didn't change price when it was added. 

Paul Neale
PEN Productions
Win 10 64bit
Nvidia GeForce 1060
Message 5 of 8
FalconCrest

Regardless if they give it to you free, there is no more development, shouldn't one be entitled to a discount of a few hundred, only if requested ?
Message 6 of 8
paulneale

Or they could remove it from the package and you keep paying the same as you always did but without Composite. I don't understand why you think you should get a refund on something that works and you are not paying for. 

Paul Neale
PEN Productions
Win 10 64bit
Nvidia GeForce 1060
Message 7 of 8
Steve_Curley

Especially as when it was a stand-alone product (Toxik) it cost as much as Max. I somehow doubt you'll get many people agreeing with your point of view.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 8 of 8
FalconCrest

It's included free, I know, the only way to remove it would be to modify a installation copy of Maya or Max, which they won't do.  If it was a separate DVD, there is a higher possibility it can be done, I suppose.

Well thank you for the replies, it is bummer that Composite / Toxik is a dead product.  I printed out the entire documentation for this program a few years ago.  I atleast Autodesk is giving us a 'poor mans compositor' that isn't all that bad.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report