Community
Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Composite: Basic Token Substitution troubles

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
lavadht
302 Views, 0 Replies

Composite: Basic Token Substitution troubles

Hi, I've read in the manual it should be possible to set relative paths to imported images. I can't see why this would be difficult, yet it just doesn't seem to work for me. I'd like to ask what to know what I'm doing wrong.

I saved my composition to

E:/test

Images are at

E:/test/Images

in the filepath of an import node;

<CompPath>/Images/_.png

<Composition>/Images/_.png

<ProjectHomeDir>/Images/_.png

these are a few of the tokens I tried, among many. Nothing worked.

The images are fine, they get imported when using absolute paths.

I've also tried changing the 'Home Folder' in the Project Preferences to no avail.

Are there any extra tokens i need to place before and after the <>?

When rendering an image, using the <RenderFolder> substitution, images are output to the same folder as where I'd placed my project and composition.  yet <RenderFolder>/Images/_.png also fails to load.

I've been searching for a while for some help on this, but with the <'s and >'s being ignored in queries its tedious and the only related result was a simular, but unsolved, question.

Any help is much appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
lavadht
in reply to: lavadht

@lavadht wrote:

<ProjectHomeDir>/Images/_.png

I meant <ProjectHomeFolder>.

So I edited the project setting's home folder.

This does change the document for "Token Substitution" correctly.

But using <ProjectHomeFolder> as replacement for the path, causes composite to fail loading any image.

Message 3 of 3
lavadht
in reply to: lavadht

I just noticed that when I save a composition, the relative path token <ProjectHomeFolder> gets changed into it's absolute path's equivalent.

So whereas the token substitution is the correct one, it doesn't provide access to the images, and just dissolves into the absolute path whenever I save.

This really puzzles me

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report