Community
Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Composite 2013 start error

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
odopo9
556 Views, 0 Replies

Composite 2013 start error

Composite starts but gives an entry point not found error.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/21007398/EntryError.png

How do I correct?

I'm new to Composite so I'm not even sure what is not working as a result of this error.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
odopo9
in reply to: odopo9

Okay.. so sp1 came out and I hoped it would resolve this problem that no one responded to...

Instead I have an install error with sp1 "installer service could not be accessed"

I have just spent 2 hours trying to resolve it.. installing the latest Windows Installer and reg edits that were recommended and on and on...

Any ideas?
Message 3 of 9
odopo9

Uninstalling the previous Composite is actually what has caused this error. In fact I cannot install any program now!!!

Autodesk is soooooooooooo annoying!!! I have a brand new mother board that has a built in SSD that is only 32gb. So in trying to save space I had tried to install all my non-OS software on another drive... well AD is a mother in this regard and that attempt fouled up my system and I had to reInstall Windows. Then AD gave me grief about registering my programs again.

And now this beyond frustrating nonsense. I don't know what this recommended Composite uninstall did but I have taken every bit of advice I can find on the net and I can't get anything to install now.

I can see that others have had issues similar that have occurred after reinstalling the OS then hitting onto some secondary thing like I just did with Composite.

There is literally a >1 year thread on the official MS answer site where others are having this issue and MS has yet to come up with the answer.

All my issues though are a result of AD trying to limit me (a paying customer) in order to stop anyone else from wrongful use... Not allowing me to install where I wish is so wrong of these jerks. Now this cascade of screw ups is upon my shoulders.

I try not to hate Ad but they just keeps doing this stuff!

ArrrGGGGGhhh
Message 4 of 9
odopo9

Okay.. I've reInstalled my entire system again...

Got a little less grief for registering my programs again...

and now I'm right back where I started

What can I do ?
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

The entry point shown in your screenshot is an entry point in the 2011 version of MC3.dll.

Are you sure you are running the 2013 version of composite.exe ?

I'm not able to reproduce this problem. When I start Composite 2013, composite.exe loads the MC3.dll that ships with Composite 2013 and there is no entry point error.

Personally, if I had this problem, I'd run Process Monitor on composite.exe to see what's going on.

BTW, in the 2013 MC3.dll, the entry point name is
?Initialize@CMLFacade@@SAXPEAVCMLWaypoint@@PEB_W11HI_J2W4MC3_MODE@@1@Z

The 2011 MC3.dll entry point has the name shown in your screenshot:
?Initialize@CMLFacade@@SAXPEAVCMLWaypoint@@PEB_W11HI_J2_N1@Z
Message 6 of 9
odopo9

I assure you it is 2013..

I have used Program Monitor while starting Composite and it generated a 5.4 gig file.

What is more amazing is that 7zip compressed that down to 15meg 🙂

I have emailed you the file @ xsi support.

Please let us know why a 2011 file is shipping with 2013 and what I need to do to get things going correctly. 🙂
Message 7 of 9
odopo9

Some work still to do but I consider this problem solved. Thanks Stephen!

My Older version of 3ds Max (2010) was the issue and changing the 3ds Max folder name solved it.

I can't help but think that a permanent fix to this is similar to my original problem that AD will not allow installation on non-C: drive.

Had I had my choice to install on 😧 or E: or Z: with a folder name of my choice none of this would have happened.

Needs to be resolved by AD either way.
Message 8 of 9
PiXeL_MoNKeY

1) Ensure that your 3ds max 2010 install is fully updated. There were similar entry point errors in the past, which should have been addressed in a 2010 hotfix.

2) If you run the installer outside of the 3ds max installation (or one of the updates) you have control over the installation path.

-Eric
Message 9 of 9
FalconCrest

Composite starts but gives an entry point not found error.

How do I correct?

I'm new to Composite so I'm not even sure what is not working as a result of this error.

http://xsisupport.com/2012/07/25/the-case-of-the-missing-entry-point/

I know Stephen replied, you should read his article.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report