Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Connect to Backburner Manager

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
mick
6585 Views, 15 Replies

Cannot Connect to Backburner Manager

Hi, this is the first time I've tried to export from Smoke 2013 and it tells me i can't connect to BackBurner Manager.

In the service monitor, the BackBurner is showing red - (tho the Manager is green) if I restart it goes green for a moment and then stops again.

I've tried a few of the fixes I found on here and elsewhere but so far no luck.

I'm not great at tinkering with the insides of the mac without guidance so I am a bit hesitant to go messing about in the terminal.

Tags (2)
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Robert.Adam
in reply to: mick

Hi Mick.

Let's start by looking at the logs.

Please open Finder and press Command+Shift+G. Then enter /usr/discreet/backburner/Network in the field that pops up and click Go.

You'll be taken to backburner's logs folder.

Please zip up the backburnerServer.log, backburner.log and backburner.xml files from that folder and post them to the forum.

Thanks!

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 3 of 16
mick
in reply to: Robert.Adam

Cheers Robert,

I've attached the backburner files you requested but in two posts as a single was too large for the forum. One thing - I couldn't include  'backburner.xml.save' file as finder told me I didn't 'have permission' to access it. Everything else is in the zips.

Thanks

Mick

Message 4 of 16
mick

and the second zip

Message 5 of 16
Robert.Adam

Hi and thanks for the logs.

BB seems to be unable to start because of network issues.

Unable to connect to 192.168.0.3: Operation timed out (60)

This can be due to multiple reasons:

-> Can you please confirm that your Mac's IP address is indeed 192.168.0.3?

-> Is your firewall running? (System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall)

-> Do you have multiple versions of Smoke installed?

I'm attaching a small app that will collect more logs and config files, as well as general info about your Mac's network settings.

Please unzip and run the attached app and then PRIVATELY send me the zip file that the app places on your Desktop.

Regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 6 of 16
mick

My mac's IP address does not seem to be 192.168.0.3 but is listed as 192.168.0.11

(Hopefully that's the solveable issure right there)

I don't currently have a firewall going nor do I have multiple versions of Smoke on this box

I'll PM you the logs very shortly

Thanks 

Mick

Message 7 of 16
Robert.Adam

Hi Mick.

It's very likely that this is the issue indeed.

Your Mac's hostname seems to be associated to that incorrect IP. This is either because the DNS server on your network has the wrong info, or because the /etc/hosts file was manually altered to force a match between that IP and your Mac's hostname.

The hosts should be included in the zip I have asked you to send me. I'll take a look at it and let you know.

Best regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 8 of 16
Robert.Adam

Hi Mick and thanks for sending me the log and config files.

As I suspected, your /etc/hosts file seems to have been manually edited to associate your Mac to the incorrect IP of 192.168.0.3

On top of that, the logs seem to indicate that your storage folder /Volumes/Kubrick/ManagedFolder0 is not available. Please open Finder and make sure the path is correct.

Here's how to fix the IP issue:

1. Open Terminal and type:

sudo sed -i .bkp -e 's/^192/#192/g' /etc/hosts

2. Enter your password when asked. The command will disable the line that forces your Mac's hostname to the 192.168.0.3 IP.

3. Restart your Mac and verify that all Smoke services are green and that the software is running properly.

Regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 9 of 16
mick

Hey Robert, that is great and all good!

Thank you so much, hugely appreciated

Regards

Mick

Message 10 of 16
Robert.Adam

I'm glad I was able to help.

Best regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 11 of 16
BAKED_FX

Hey I assumed it was better to go to a previous thread then start my own. We just moved offices and when we resetted our server (called RAID_002) holding our Smoke projects and the location of where Smoke renders, caches to, etc., we received this error with  "port 0" at the end of it. I assume it's the same problem. I'm not sure how to find the new IP address of this server, if that's a real thing. The name of course is the same but it has moved, etc. Also, when I do find this, do I use termninal or do I go to manual edit for the storage in my setups to upate the info?

Thanks,

Josh

Message 12 of 16
rdavis

I'm having the same problem. Does this tell you anything?

2015/05/28 18:48:38 INF <AdapterInfo><Name>Wire</Name><Version>-1</Version><Description>Stone+Wire Background Wire 2015.0.3 </Description><Private><Info><HostUUID>2E77E03D-2BDF-4F65-9A02-2A25656CBC00</HostUUID></Info></Private></AdapterInfo>
2015/05/28 18:48:38 INF Loading plugin: Command Job Adapter v2015.0.3 from Backburner Adapter Plugin
2015/05/28 18:48:38 INF Loading plugin: Autodesk Media Converter 2015.0.3 from Backburner Adapter Plugin
2015/05/28 18:48:38 INF Loading plugin: MIO File Import 2015.0.3 -D(build -D6026) from Backburner Adapter Plugin
2015/05/28 18:48:38 INF Loading plugin: Command Job Adapter v2015.0.3 with user rights from Backburner Adapter Plugin
2015/05/28 18:48:38 INF Loading plugin: Stone+Wire Background Wire 2015.0.3 from Backburner Adapter Plugin
2015/05/28 18:48:38 ERR Error obtaining a valid MAC address
2015/05/28 18:48:48 INF Starting Network Manager
2015/05/28 18:48:49 INF <AdapterInfo>
2015/05/28 18:48:49 INF <Name>Command Line Tool</Name>
2015/05/28 18:48:49 INF <Version>300</Version>
2015/05/28 18:48:49 INF <Description>Command Job Adapter v2015.0.3</Description>
2015/05/28 18:48:49 INF </AdapterInfo>

Message 13 of 16
yann.laforest
in reply to: rdavis

Hi,

This is most likely related to a configuration issue.

Are you entitled to Technical Support service assistance?

If so, please open with our Technical Support department and one of our engineers will assist you with this.

If no, contact me offline at yann.laforest@autodesk.com and we will try to sort this out.

Regards,

Yann

Yann Laforest
Feedback Community Manager
Autodesk Canada Co. 10 rue Duke Street
Montr?al (Qu?bec) Canada H3C 2L7

Direct 514 954-7241

[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: autodesk-logo-rgb-color-logo-black-text-small]
Yann Laforest

Program Manager Data Analytics - Autodesk EMS
10 rue Duke Street
Montréal (Québec) Canada H3C 2L7
Message 14 of 16
travariuds
in reply to: yann.laforest

Hi there

I'm having problems with Smoke 2015 and Backburner.

It was running ok during the past days, and today after attempting to import a MP4 it stucked in 0% and afterwards I was unable to import or export anything.

I cannot connect to the web monitor as well.

Thanks in advance for the help... I'm in a urgent situation here..

Message 15 of 16
yann.laforest
in reply to: travariuds

Hi,

Did you try to restart the Backburner Server and Monitor in Service Monitor?

Also, did something change in regards of your Internet connection (line or WIFI)?

Please let us know,

Regards,
Yann

Yann Laforest

Feedback Community Manager
Autodesk Canada Co. 10 rue Duke Street
Direct 514 954-7241

[logo]
Yann Laforest

Program Manager Data Analytics - Autodesk EMS
10 rue Duke Street
Message 16 of 16
travariuds
in reply to: yann.laforest

Yep.. we restarted every service and it shows as "green" in service monitor... We managed to make it export again.. so it's working for now... but I still can't connect to the web monitor.. did you take a look at my log files?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report