Community
Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't import video format MOV and other

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2703 Views, 0 Replies

Can't import video format MOV and other

I study a tutorial in which the author imports files in QuickTime in Autodesk Composite 2012 (. MOV). The same files in Autodesk Composite 2013 can not be imported. The message in the task bar is "Some files Could not imported: unknown Format or codec." MOV files of the tutorial can be read by QuickTime Pro 7 is installed on my PC. In fact I find that the majority of video files MOV,. WMV,. MP4,. M4V, etc.. can not be imported. The solution I found is to create a directory under the video image format (. PNG. TAG. TIFF, etc). Is this a bug or a feature Composite 2013?

thank you

I use:
Windows 7 Pro and Windows 8 Pro
2 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
16 Giga-bit RAM
Intel Core i7-2600k 4.2 Ghz
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Does anyone can confirm or deny whether or not it is possible to import the file format. MOV,. WMV, MP4, ect. I found a solution, but it would be faster to use the files in their original format.

thank you
Message 3 of 4
hilaire.gagne
in reply to: Anonymous

Bouncing up against this issue and not quite certain what the solution posted means. 

At the moment, I'm receiving the following error: Format Of Specified Files Is Not Supported, Some Files Could Not Be Imported: Unknown Format Or Codec.

Understanding that typically one would be editing frame-based footage (i.e. files); the link below - and my interpretation of it - seems to imply that Composite should be able to import an .MOV file.

http://mayastation.typepad.com/maya-station/2009/11/maya-composite-file-formats.html

Any advice/insights in getting this to work would be appreciated.

Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite 2022

Message 4 of 4

* UPDATE *

In the interest of time and completing this learning exercise/tutorial, I used Adobe Media Encoder to convert the .MOV to an Image Sequence (.PNG) and replaced the tutorial Image Import node .MOV filename to the converted .PNG image sequence.

The only concern I have with using this "workaround" is that it implies that my installation of Composite 2014 may be missing essential components.

Cheers,

Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite 2022

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report