Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CFX/Action Monitor Output settings

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
sonstegard
551 Views, 3 Replies

CFX/Action Monitor Output settings

I believe that when Smoke2013 came out, the monitor output settings changed in CFX/Action.  Before 2013, anything in the left zone would go to my AJA output.  Now, when I open a CFX, the left side always shows the schematic (which goes to my broadcast monitor). At first it was no big deal but, for 2+ years now, evey time I go into a CFX, I have to manually select the left zone (in the 2-up mode) and hit F4 or Alt ESC to see the video output to my AJA card.  It would be nice and it would save me keystrokes if I could have the output to my AJA on the right side (without having to enter any keystrokes).  Is there a way to change this? 

To clairfy, I've included a picture 🙂

BTW I've tried swapping the library/folders and thumbnails to the right side but, the monitor output swaps with it...same problem.

And...I like the schematic being next to the library folders etc., it's easier to clips in.

Thanks.

Keith

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ManChicken
in reply to: sonstegard

Click the word "Monitor" in the upper right hand corner of the right view.

It should already work the way you want.  If it's still failing, try creating a new Smoke user which seems to be the universal fix when the UI (or many other things) misbehaves.

Which is a bit of a sore point for me as well, why Smoke/Flame annihilates its preferences so often.  Final Cut would destroy its self all the time like this for no reason.. "Delete your prefs" was the universal solution for FCP for just about every problem.

Bob Maple | idolum
Message 3 of 4
sonstegard
in reply to: ManChicken

So simple.  It works.  I can't believe I've missed that little "monitor" button for so long.

Thanks ManChicken.

Message 4 of 4
ManChicken
in reply to: sonstegard

No prob, glad that's all it was!

Bob Maple | idolum

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report