Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bringing clips from Legacy software into newer version?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ad.lo
586 Views, 2 Replies

Bringing clips from Legacy software into newer version?

Forgive me if this obvious, but I’m confused about something.

I’m easing into the new Smoke 2014 interface (yeah, yeah old dogs and new tricks, blah blah blah) and depending on how many clients I’m going to be having in the room and how much of a time crunch I’m under, I’ve been doing some jobs in 2013.

I thought I’d see if could access some of these 2013 jobs from within 2014 (i.e. maybe to take advantage of multiple clip drag and drop exporting) but even though I can see the Stonefs framestore from the Mediahub browser, the file structure is largely gibberish (i.e. folders called 1b00, 1b01, etc.) nothing resembling the project/library/reel paradigm that I was hoping to see.

Am I doing something wrong?  Is this not something that I can do? Is my only option to archive in 2013 and then restore into 2014?

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
A_Squared
in reply to: ad.lo

In MediaHub, there is a Projects Tab at the top. If you select the Projects Tab you should see all the projects on your system and be able to move media into your project like that.

Also, there is a convert option when loading the software. On the project selection page, there is a selection box that says something like "Current Projects" or "Current Version". If you change this to "All Versions" then you will see your non-2014 projects. You can then select the project and hit start. You will then be given the option to convert your project or to keep a copy of the old project and create a new one.

Both ways should work.

Adam Archer
Flame Artist @ The Editors, Sydney, Australia
FlamePremium 2014.0.2 on Z800
Message 3 of 3
Robert.Adam
in reply to: A_Squared

To further add to Adam's excellent reply: please do not ever manually tamper with the subfolders (1b00, 1b01, etc) in smoke's Media Storage folder (framestore).

Those should only be managed by the application itself. Messing with them could cause the application to lose connection with your project's media cache, renders, proxies and even source clips.

Regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report