Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Axis to Action Timeline problems

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
299 Views, 1 Reply

Axis to Action Timeline problems

This upgrade from 2013 to 2015 is rather frustrating!
When trimming or slipping footage with timeline effects, the player is not updating so I am not able to see the results of my editing operations until I render the timeline effects.

Then I have restored an archive from 2013 into my 2015 project. Previously the timeline effect was an axis effect and now it is an action effect, I think this has affected my vertical editing as I am not able to see the results anymore, I can go into the action editor and see the correct artwork in the layer priority and when I view the front(F1) and keyer information but I am not able to see the artwork in the comp or the result.

And is there a new shortcut for the 'remove cut'operation. I used to be able to remove a cut in a sequence by using 'ctrl + delete' but now it does not restore that edit point in a sequence.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Grant.Kay
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I create a sequence with a few clips and added different timelinefx like action, colour warper, etc.

When I switch to slip mode, I can see the footage changing if the positioner is over the clip that is slipping.

If I am trimming and I want the positioner to follow the trimming to see the cut update in the player, ensure that FOCUS ON TRIM is enabled in the OPTIONS pop up menu at the bottom of the sequence.

As an extra bit of information, you also have the trim view so that you can see the incoming and outgoing frames as you trim or slip.  This was never available in Smoke before.

With regards to AXIS being coverted to ACTION, it does have a few differences in the workflow in terms of vertical editting.  There is aquite a bit so I recommed watching the second half of the getting started series for Smoke which covers the COMP TimelineFX and the Action TimelineFX..   They do affect each other so its defintely worth a watch.   

It will also teach you about the Primary Track view which is now used to see the context of all your layers when working in a TimelineFX.

These changes happened because we updated the FX engine under the timeline so it should be quicker as well as no render messages anymore for scrubbing or playblack.

To remove cuts using the FCP profile, you press CONTROL+OPTION+V.

If you are using the Smoke Classic profile, you press CONTROL+DELETE   ----   (using a macbook pro its CONTROL+FUNCTION+BACKSPACE -- lack of delete button)

Hope this helps.

Regards

Grant

Grant Kay
Principal Learning Content Developer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Official Autodesk Flame Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/flamehowtos

The Official Autodesk Smoke Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos

Also available as podcasts on iTunes

Follow me on twitter @discreetuk for the latest training updates.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report