Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Mudbox 2014/15 stutters

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
thomas-gw-konjak
563 Views, 4 Replies

Autodesk Mudbox 2014/15 stutters

Hi guys!

I had long loading sessions whenever I used the Pose Tools on one particular model (~10,5 million polys) so I decided to buy some cpuRAM. Now I have 16 GB (8GB before that).

Now theres always little stuttering when I move inside the viewport, (this didnt happen with 8GB ram). My PC doesn't react negatively on the additional 8 GB. 

I already reinstalled Mudbox 2014 (in which I originally created the model) and tried Mudbox 2015, 

still the same stuttering when I move the camera. 

Any ideas? 😕

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Have you upgrade Mudbox Service Packs as well. A legendary question but, what is your video card ?
Message 3 of 5
Ianucci
in reply to: thomas-gw-konjak

I found having joints or a rig bound to a mesh causes stuttering at even relatively low levels when tumbling the view. I tend to delete rigs after I have done any neccessary posing. Maybe this is the same issue you are experiencing?

Message 4 of 5
thomas-gw-konjak
in reply to: Ianucci

I own a Nvidia GTX 770 (msi version)

Well, I suppose that the excisting joints could be the issue here. How do I delete them in Mudbox 2015? (sorry I'm relatively new to the controls)

Message 5 of 5
Ianucci
in reply to: thomas-gw-konjak

Just right click 'skeleton' in the object manager and click delete.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report