Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Media Storage Loaded but Smoke Won't Use It

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
BAKED_FX
706 Views, 5 Replies

Autodesk Media Storage Loaded but Smoke Won't Use It

The title basically explains it. When we originally upgraded to '14, we used a temp "scratch" drive for our Autodesk storage. I then added a new media stroage to a large Raided drive connected via fiber. I've done this before and it was added correctly:

[Partition2]

Name=Autodesk_Media_Storage

Path=/Volumes/RAID_002/Autodesk_Media_Storage/ManagedFolder2

Thats a direct copy from "media storage" editor. I have not canceled out the original folder, which lives above and is:

[Partition7]

Name=AutodeskMediaStorage

Path=/Volumes/SCRATCH/Autodesk Media Storage

Thing is, I thought I could have both? When I open Smoke I can switch between both but when I try to create a project using partition2, aka "Autodesk_Media_Storage," I can't. Smoke allows it to be selected but then creating the project is just a dead button.

Do I need to cancel out the other storage, or is this a, dare I say, permissions issue? We've used this Raid before so I'd be shocked.

Thanks,

Josh

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Grant.Kay
in reply to: BAKED_FX

It does sound like a permissions issue to me.

try setting the permissions in the terminal to see if it will have read/write permissions.

Regards
Grant

Grant Kay
Principal Learning Content Developer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Official Autodesk Flame Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/flamehowtos

The Official Autodesk Smoke Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos

Also available as podcasts on iTunes

Follow me on twitter @discreetuk for the latest training updates.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 6
moreymichael
in reply to: Grant.Kay

Hi Grant.

This is the same problem I asked about the other day:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/General-Discussion/Can-t-create-project/td-p/5141550

I attached a screen shot of the terminal. It looks like the permissions are the same on the drive that works and the one that doesn't. Not sure what to change, and how.

Cheers, Mike

Late 2013 MacPro, 10.9.5, 2.7 GHz 12-Core, 64GB ram, AMD D700, 1TB SSD
Message 4 of 6
Robert.Adam
in reply to: moreymichael

Hi Josh and Mike.

I've added a reply to Mike's thread with some tips on setting permissions.

I've just tried this on my Mac (Smoke 2015 SP1) and it worked as expected.

Regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 5 of 6
BAKED_FX
in reply to: Robert.Adam

I apologize. I thought I had said this to email me for a response (and I was patiently waiting) but alas I did not. I've read through this and have gotten it to work. For me it was a permissions issue at the Smoke level. Thank you, as always, for the diligent help.
Mike-I hope you've had the same fortune. Make sure to of course check the folders Smoke creates within the drive and not just the drive's permission rights.
Josh

Message 6 of 6
moreymichael
in reply to: BAKED_FX

I haven't solved it yet. I've opened a case, but haven't heard back yet. I have changed every permission I could find, to no avail.

Glad you got yours working, though.

Cheers, Mike

Late 2013 MacPro, 10.9.5, 2.7 GHz 12-Core, 64GB ram, AMD D700, 1TB SSD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report