Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Labs Tech Preview of Panel Gap for Alias Surface / Alias Automotive

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
scott.sheppard
1836 Views, 5 Replies

Autodesk Labs Tech Preview of Panel Gap for Alias Surface / Alias Automotive

http://labs.autodesk.com/utilities/panel_gap/

We would like you to try this and provide your feedback at labs.alias.pabnelgap@autodesk.com or reply as part of this thread. Thanks for your participation.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
c3systems
in reply to: scott.sheppard

Hi Scot,

Wow, enabling a new feature with environment variable!

Fantastic tool to speed up the workflow for smiple gaps where the surfaces are flush. Unfortunately most of the real life gaps comes with either underflush or overflush conditions ( depending on which part) and in some extreme conditions even variable flushness.So as a full fledged feature we should be able to choose two sets of surfaces and a COS/curve which will define the cutline.

BTW are there other lab functions which can be enabled by enviroment variable?

rajeev

Message 3 of 6

Thank you for the positive endorsement and suggestion to make it better. At this time, this is the technology preview we are focusing on. This one just happened to be made available via an environment variable setting. This is rare. Most involve a download an install.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 6

I am curious what other people who have activated this technology preview think of the functionality?

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 6
mudbuster
in reply to: scott.sheppard

Hi Scott,

i would like to try the new panel gap tool, but i don't know how to set the environment variable in Mac OSX.

Can you please post a short tutorial how to edit environment variables on the Mac? I have tried it as shown in the Alias help, but it didn't work for me.

Best Regards,

Björn

Message 6 of 6
scott.sheppard
in reply to: mudbuster

Thanks for your interest in trying the technology preview. Unfortunately I have bad news. The ENVIRONMENT variable that enables the functionality is only available on the Windows version. I am sorry we got your hopes up. I will update the Labs site to show this limitation.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report