Community
Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Composite interface drawing problem RESOLVED

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
nirokugraphic
102 Views, 0 Replies

Autodesk Composite interface drawing problem RESOLVED

Okay, so I've installed Max 2011 and rather excitedly went straight to Composite . Only to find that it seems to massively disagree with my videocard .

The attached file is an example of what I see a lot of, random misdrawing of the interface although sometimes it does decide to fully redraw, some massive multicoloured graphic corruption (hard to capture) and on the odd occasion forces the drivers themselves to crash !

I am running Windows 7 x64 on a Intel Core2 Duo, 8GB ram and an Quadro 3800 . I have tried the latest drivers and also the prior version but the results are the same .

Is this a known issue ?

I saw a .pdf file containing a list of qualified graphics cards for Composite of which this one was listed as one - did something change ?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
wrbones
in reply to: nirokugraphic

Definitely looks like a driver issue of some sort. Do you have the driver set-up for Max? Try changing some settings for better OpenGL performance .
Message 3 of 10

This is the default driver settings that installed and I didn't change anything - I usually never have to .

Any obvious suggestions ?
Message 4 of 10

Remember that you do get 30 days of support with a release so it may be good to put that to use and let them know what problems you are running into. I have been running it (beta, just got the release downloaded) on a laptop with geforce 8700m and a workstation with a Quadro FX 4600 neither have shown the issues you are.

-Eric
Message 5 of 10

Thankyou Sir, I'll see what I can find out .
Message 6 of 10

uh... Where do I find this . The only thing I have been able to find is 'register and activation' but I've already activated - is this what I need to do again ? I don't see any mention of 30 day support in the portal...
Message 7 of 10

UPDATE

I switched out the Quadro 3800 for my Geforce 8800 GT and I am experiencing similar issues .

Out of curiousity I installed the Maya 2010 trial again and noticed that Toxik 2010 also exhibits the same problem on both cards .

Message 8 of 10
mspeer
in reply to: nirokugraphic

It seems that only the newest driverversion from Nvidia works well with Composite (197.13).
Message 9 of 10

Mad...

I'm now running the latest Quadro 197.28 driver (when I could have sworn the driver I installed previously was the latest) now it's working fine !
Message 10 of 10
PiXeL_MoNKeY
in reply to: PiXeL_MoNKeY

Should you ever need it in the future it is the Up & Ready portion of the support website, which can be found here.
You are entitled to 30 days support from your date of registration covering installation, configuration and licensing of your new Autodesk software.
-Eric

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report