Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assasins Creed characters

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
GED12
434 Views, 18 Replies

Assasins Creed characters

Hey people heres some inspirational stuff even if it was sculpted in old zbrush 2
mojette.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ive been watching this guys gallery on deviantart for a while and hes just posted all this great stuff! Just thought Id share it 🙂
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: GED12

holy cow! that guy is amazing! that's for the link, I added it to my bookmarks 🙂
Message 3 of 19
bjordal91

wow... thats mad skillz...
Message 4 of 19
GED12

holy cow! that guy is amazing! that's for the link, I added it to my bookmarks 🙂

No problem, I will be sure to tell u mudboxer's if I find any other good stuff. Ive got a big fat reference art and photography directory building on my computer, great to have when Im sculpting.
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous

i turned my old workstation in a server for my art files. and reference files. Got 2 terabytes storage and I have a gigabit router. I can just bring up my screen via remote desktop.
I'm beginning to build quite a library myself 🙂
Message 6 of 19
ZippZopp10

nice link, some cool work over there. thanks for sharing
Message 7 of 19
GED12

Wait theres more!!!

Hes posted up even more characters and busts now. The NPCs are looking really good
Message 8 of 19

i turned my old workstation in a server for my art files. and reference files. Got 2 terabytes storage and I have a gigabit router. I can just bring up my screen via remote desktop.
I'm beginning to build quite a library myself 🙂

I've heard you talking about your system before. What are your specs exactly, it sounds like you have quite a rig there.
(not that any system, no matter how high end is utilised by the current mudbox anyway)
Do you have any of the quadro cards?
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous

I've heard you talking about your system before. What are your specs exactly, it sounds like you have quite a rig there.
(not that any system, no matter how high end is utilised by the current mudbox anyway)
Do you have any of the quadro cards?

Yeah my current system has 64 bit xp pro, a quadro fx 4500 card from pny, core 2 duo, 4 gig corsair ram, 15,000 rpm scsi drive for cache and virtual kubuntu linux, and 10,000 rpm drive for programs and system files, and a 500 gig drive for storage. It's a dual monitor setup, one is the dell 2407 24" lcd and an LG 20". (When Mudbox 2 comes out, I'll probably upgrade the proc to a quad core and add another 4 gig ram). I have it networked to my older two workstations via gigabit router. So when I bring up one of the other computers via remote desktop, it feels as if it's one computer.

The second networked computers is what I use for back-up and storage. It's got 2 gig ram, core 2 duo, and 2 terabytes storage with windows 32bit xp pro. I use this for reference files and old work.

The third, my oldest computer has 1 gig ram, athlon 64 proc, three 300 gig drives and its a dual boot between kubuntu, and freebsd., used to be tri-boot, but I broke fedora core 6 and I'm too lazy to reinstall it because I love kubuntu. I use this computer partly as another back-up option for my most important files and for playing around with oss. I really would like to be more proficient with linux-unix variants.

Then I have an apple powerbook I use for bookkeeping, traveling and business.
I also have generic athlon 64bit laptop that I put together from a kit, for when I gotta take my work with me, and a crappy tablet pc that I never use because it's so slow it's painful. I'm really sad about that one because the idea was to take a life drawing group at the society of illustrators and use mudbox or photoshop instead of traditional materials. But it's too slow to be of use.

I really like building my own and tinkering with computers. I don't really think that the quadro was worth it. Maya seems to be a lot more stable with it, and I can feel a difference, but I don't know if it's enough to justify the cost.
In hind site, I probably should have spent the money on getting a motherboard with dual quad-core xeon processors, because just about every program that I use is multi-threaded. Or I probably should have spent the money on renderman cause mental ray is too finicky.
Message 10 of 19

I'm currently building my new rig and was pondering whether to go with a 8800GTX, which is currently the best multimedia card, or get one of the quadros.
THE problem is that the quadros come in at different price points, and the top ones are VERY expensive, but I imagine it works like gaming cards, in that only the top ones are much good, and the cheap stuff is mediocre at best.
Therefore, I decided it makes more sense to get the top gaming card than get a low to mid range quadro card.
The fact that you're not sure if the cost of the quadro was justified, even for the very expensive and best one, is as good an answer as I need 🙂
I've already got my monitor (same as your 24") BTW, I'm sure you've calibrated it properly by now, but when you first used it did you notice the reds were too strong. I've had to turn the red down to 80% to make things look what I consider normal.
I'm going with intel quad core, which will be great for render speeds, 8 gigs of mid range ram, which again, I think is better than buying 2 gigs of faster top end RAM. The difference in speeds is not that great, but the difference between having 8 or 2 gig storage capacity is a lot.
I'm also going to get two of the WD 10k drives (the 74 gig ones, which are currently the fastest) and hook them together. I know a guy who has that, and the benchmark is superfast compared to my single 7200 drive. We're talking 10x performance.
Obviosuly I'm ogign to have to get either XP or Vista 64, and again I'm not sure which, sicne there are pros and cons for both.
XP is obviously dead in the water now, but Vista still has a lot of compatibility issues with drivers and hardware, and some have problems running quicktime movies with a RAID setup in Vista.
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous

I've already got my monitor (same as your 24") BTW, I'm sure you've calibrated it properly by now, but when you first used it did you notice the reds were too strong. I've had to turn the red down to 80% to make things look what I consider normal.
I'm also going to get two of the WD 10k drives (the 74 gig ones, which are currently the fastest) and hook them together. I know a guy who has that, and the benchmark is superfast compared to my single 7200 drive. We're talking 10x performance

I just bought a 22" Syncmaster from Samsung, and I had the same problem; but with the blue values. They don't bother to calibrate at the factory anymore?

And I too can recommend the WD Raptor drives, I've got one of the 74Gb's and the speed difference compared to 7200rpm is enormous. They're worth every penny. I might get another one to drive a Linux partition.
They do produce a lot of noise compared to 7200rpm's though.
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous

I'm currently building my new rig and was pondering whether to go with a 8800GTX, which is currently the best multimedia card, or get one of the quadros.
THE problem is that the quadros come in at different price points, and the top ones are VERY expensive, but I imagine it works like gaming cards, in that only the top ones are much good, and the cheap stuff is mediocre at best.
Therefore, I decided it makes more sense to get the top gaming card than get a low to mid range quadro card.
The fact that you're not sure if the cost of the quadro was justified, even for the very expensive and best one, is as good an answer as I need 🙂

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. CG artists are stuck with an interesting dilemma. The middle end workstation cards suck and the cost as much, if not more than highend multimedia and gaming cards which are, as far as specs gp, more powerful than all but the highest end workstation cards. And these high end workstation cards are identical to the high end multimedia cards. The only difference is the drivers and the firmware. For that small difference the, you get crippled with over a thousand dollar tax! It sucks. It seems that a lot of guys are using the 8800 for cg now, but many of them have issues with the opengl in their main 3d package. Even so, next time I'll will opt for something like the 8800 as opposed to the quadro. If you are just using Mudbox and rendering in Zbrush, you don't have to worry. The GPU is hardly utilized at all by these programs. (As you can see from the "mudbox test" thread.)

I have the dell 2407fpw. It's probably the best purchase I've made in a long time. It cost half of what my "artist" friends paid for their 23" mac monitors and they are consistently blown away when they come to visit me. It looked great right out of the box. I still calibrated it though because the bulk of my work is for print media. and I'm dealing with various companies in various parts of the world so calibration is very important because I need to know that my color profiles are accurate when I ftp my finals in. But a lot of things affect the color you see on your monitor, including the lighting in your workspace. That is why I had to purchase a hardware colorimeter. (I use Spyder). I only recommend this if you are working for print and you have a lot of different clients. Otherwise, adobe's free calibration utility is more than enough.

I'm going with intel quad core, which will be great for render speeds, 8 gigs of mid range ram, which again, I think is better than buying 2 gigs of faster top end RAM. The difference in speeds is not that great, but the difference between having 8 or 2 gig storage capacity is a lot.
I firmly believe that you are correct in your thinking. Even if Mudbox can only currently use 2 gig ram, mud 2 will be able to use virtually unlimited amount of ram. I have 64bit maya and believe me that extra ram has made a lot of difference. And I've heard nothing but great things about the quad core.

I'm also going to get two of the WD 10k drives (the 74 gig ones, which are currently the fastest) and hook them together. I know a guy who has that, and the benchmark is superfast compared to my single 7200 drive. We're talking 10x performance.
i can definitely vouch for that. For a while I had two 15k scsi drives in raid 0 and two 10 WD raptors also in raid 0. The performance benefit is tremendous! I'm back to one raptor and one scsi right now, but it's only temporary and mostly because of heat issues. I will do it again after the summer is over.
There are two things that I think you should look out for and it's very important. The 10k drives are extremely hot and so is all that ram. Make sure you spend some money on cooling. Nothing brings a computer to it's knees faster than heat! I think that more system crashes and bsod are caused by inadequate cooling and bad airflow than anything else. Believe me I learned the hard way. My current computer sounds like a refrigerator, but I haven't had a single crash no matter how hard I push it.
Also, if you do a RAID 0 setup for speed, make your stripes really small. Large stripes are good if you are working with really large files. Like movies. But if you are using raid to speed up you system, the large stripes make raid 0 configuration useless. This is because the OS and the programs are constantly acquiring data in very small chunks. If your stripe size is bigger than the snippets of data, then the data doesn't get broken up into stripes. Anyway, learned that by trial and error. I hope it makes sense.

Obviosuly I'm ogign to have to get either XP or Vista 64, and again I'm not sure which, sicne there are pros and cons for both.
XP is obviously dead in the water now, but Vista still has a lot of compatibility issues with drivers and hardware, and some have problems running quicktime movies with a RAID setup in Vista.
That's a dilemma right there. I'm using xp64 and I'm quite happy with it. I haven't had any driver issues. I would like to get vista, but I'm a little annoyed at how expensive it is to get a pro level version. I could care less about the widgets and eye candy, first thing I do is turn that crap off, but it's the advanced networking capabilities that I need. I'm also not too happy with the amount of resources you need just to run the OS.
I have a few few friends who have upgraded and they don't seem too happy. But they aren't graphics people.

Let me know which one you go with.
Message 13 of 19

I've already decided just to go with Vista ultimate. It's at least future proofing, since MS will obviously be fully supporting and working on that for the next 5 years at least, and it will only get more stable in the near future. There are mostly various workarounds for the current issues. XP can only slowly die from here on in.
As for the RAID stuff, I've no clue about setting up RAID yet, I'll just read up about it next week when it comes time to set it up. I know my motherboard is going to support it, so I won't need a separate card or anything.
It's all so expensive though, I'll have spend at least 4500 USD by the time I have this rig set up, and it's isn't even the best rig I could put together, I could easily spend double that for all the absolute best components, but the way I look at it is, that once you get past a certain price point of around 5-600 USD for a component, the prices start going up exponentially, while the performance gains are only marginal.
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous

It's all so expensive though, I'll have spend at least 4500 USD by the time I have this rig set up, and it's isn't even the best rig I could put together, I could easily spend double that for all the absolute best components, but the way I look at it is, that once you get past a certain price point of around 5-600 USD for a component, the prices start going up exponentially, while the performance gains are only marginal.

I hear you on that!. But look at it this way, a $4500 rig by today's standard would be a an $8000 dollar rig by last years standard 🙂

Let me know how Vista works out for you.
Message 15 of 19

It's quite funny talking about a computer with 8 gigs of RAM in it. My first computer, 7 years ago, only had a 1 gig hard drive, and 32 RAM 😄
Message 16 of 19
Testure

Heh, yeah my workstation right now cost me less than my first computer (an intel 8086), and has more power than I could've even dreamed possible when it together back in the late 80's. Back then I didn't even know what a Kilobyte was, everything was measured in bytes. Now I'm gearing up to buy another game that looks and feels like a the real thing. How things change (for the better) 🙂

Makes you wonder what your kids/grandkids will be playing in 40 years.
Message 17 of 19

THere's no point even guessing, becasue whn you read any predictions from the recent past about life in the early 21st century, they're always quite wrong.
What peope tend to do is exaggerate what they currently have and imagine it being bigger/better/more powerful in the future, but what atually happens is that entirely new ideas are concieved and built which cannot be guessed at today.
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous

THere's no point even guessing, becasue whn you read any predictions from the recent past about life in the early 21st century, they're always quite wrong.
What peope tend to do is exaggerate what they currently have and imagine it being bigger/better/more powerful in the future, but what atually happens is that entirely new ideas are concieved and built which cannot be guessed at today.

i totally agree.

Heh, yeah my workstation right now cost me less than my first computer (an intel 8086), and has more power than I could've even dreamed possible when it together back in the late 80's. Back then I didn't even know what a Kilobyte was, everything was measured in bytes. Now I'm gearing up to buy another game that looks and feels like a the real thing. How things change (for the better) 🙂

Makes you wonder what your kids/grandkids will be playing in 40 years.

My first computer was a mac. It had 8 meg ram, and an 8 meg drive amd my friends thought I had a powerstation 🙂 They used to call my computer "The Spacestation". Cost me 5 grand! I thought it was incredible until a friend bought a mac the following year with 16 meg ram and a 64 meg drive and paid half what I did!

Bill gates comment seems really funny now if it's true, "640k ought to be enough for anyone" 🙂
Message 19 of 19
dadangade038

Watch Or Download Assassin's Creed (2016)
server 1 : https://is.gd/WtGQ7V
server 2 : http://ow.ly/6zaQ307q8Rh
server 3 : http://bit.ly/2imaxXR
server 4 : http://tinyurl.com/zk6bqou

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report