Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive to LTO

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
zdych
177 Views, 0 Replies

Archive to LTO

I have a very large project that i am archiving, like 8TB... I am archiving library by library which has been perfect until i reach 2 library's that are over 1.5TB. I am setting my archive file size to 499GB so that i can split the archive across two LTO 5 tapes. Is the safest way to put 2 archive files on 1 tape, and one on the other (for example), or to go ahead and let BRU PE split the archive in the LTO operation?

Also, when all my archiving is done, do i need to consider anything else before blowing my media away? I have archived my set ups, so i think i am covered, but do i need to delete all my media and then just do an archive of the project it self, or is that nonsense?

By the way, i am archiving to a SAN, and then using BRU PE to archive. Has anyone had any issues with that process? My sales people said it is safe, but i want to get the consensus from you all as we just implemented LTO.

Thanks.
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report