Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAF Export Workflow

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
djsmoke
408 Views, 3 Replies

AAF Export Workflow

I would like to export an AAF from Smoke with associated media to match for our Quantel Pablo.  Is this the same workflow that Grant explained in his tutorial about Sequence Publishing for Resolve??  I'm having a problem when exporting the AAF.  Smoke does all the disolves and renders and then just stops with the progress box on the screen.  Any solutions??

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ccrewsAutodesk
in reply to: djsmoke

Curious as to whether this issue was dealt with and if DJSmoke or others have been successful with this or other related attempts exporting AAF's to applications like ProTools or Avid.

Message 3 of 4
ManChicken
in reply to: djsmoke

The more complicated the sequence is, the longer it will take to sequence publish because it has to make one job per clip in Backburner.  It's kind of silly, a 1 minute sequence with a lot of edits can take 10 minutes to export.. and the app will sit there looking like it's locked up while it's actually generating all these backburner jobs.  You can login to the backburner web interface and see the job list growing.

I export AAF all the time into Nuendo, and send them to ProTools people as well.  I haven't used it with video to go into another edit system though.

Bob Maple | idolum
Message 4 of 4
Grant.Kay
in reply to: ManChicken

Hi,

As far as I was concerned, the current implementation of the AAF export was to deliver a set of audio tracks to a sound application like ProTools.   The video would be a flattened video track as a reference.

The only other option would be to export an EDL which could be reassembled and reference the exported media.

Regards

Grant

Grant Kay
Principal Learning Content Developer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Official Autodesk Flame Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/flamehowtos

The Official Autodesk Smoke Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos

Also available as podcasts on iTunes

Follow me on twitter @discreetuk for the latest training updates.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report