Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A couple of questions

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
HalloweenJack2
313 Views, 3 Replies

A couple of questions

Hey folks,

1) Is there a way to hide all axis icons in Action apart from selected ones? Even though they turn grey it's often very hard to see the selected one in big comps.

2) In HD text module how can I see the full picture? While postioning text I can't see the bottom of the picture on either the preview monitor or the broadcast monitor.

Smoke Adv 2012 Ext1

Cheers
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Grant.Kay
in reply to: HalloweenJack2

Hi,

1) Yes, in the preferences menu of action, you will find the icons option. By default, it is set to ON. You can also turn it OFF but there is an option labelled SELECTED. I believe that is what you are after.

2) Unfortunately the text module is getting on (yes I know it needs a revamp in my opinion), so it shows the overlays on the broadcast monitor. The only solution I can think of is to zoom out if the screen to show the full frame.

Hope this help!

Regards
Grant

Grant Kay
Principal Learning Content Developer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Official Autodesk Flame Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/flamehowtos

The Official Autodesk Smoke Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos

Also available as podcasts on iTunes

Follow me on twitter @discreetuk for the latest training updates.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 4
mikeroy_1
in reply to: HalloweenJack2

Much of the time I will select "hide all" to clean up all the axes, and then click the axis i'm working on and then "unhide" that one axis. You should also be able to change their color and size in prefs.

To see the full picture, you can always scroll downward in frame. If you are in connect fx, you can set a context to the output of the text module and flip back and forth as you adjust.
www.mikeroyartist.com
--> check out Smoke on Mac resources at www.smoketutorials.com
Message 4 of 4

Ah yes, I've found that option.

Great, thanks guys. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report