Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(8min Green Screen) cant select, zoom in on keyframes!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jtopic
328 Views, 2 Replies

(8min Green Screen) cant select, zoom in on keyframes!

Hi -

Im working on a 8min shot on blue screen.  There are so many keframes that smoke cant handle it.  I cant select or zoom on on it at all!!  This should not be hapening.  Is this a memory issue?  Is there a way to allocate more memory to smoke?  The shot zooms in slowly over 8 min and the tracking marks go completely out of focus so I need to average some keyframes at the end.  I pretty much cant even work.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BKM
Advisor
in reply to: jtopic

I have the same issue on my Flame Linux with that long of a keyframe track.

Use the RECT ZOOM option and once you get some of the keyframes out of the way, it becomes more responsive.

Flame/Smoke Editor
Check out the Premiumbeat Smoke Blog
http://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/category/smoke-2/
Message 3 of 3
jtopic
in reply to: BKM

Im currently on a Smoke on Mac.  This didnt seem to help at all.  My wheel just spins.  The interesting part is that when you start a new 2 point track in the tracker you can zoom in and manipulate the keframes fine even though its super long.  Its only after you save the track or load the track into a node that the wheel just spins over and over.

The push in on the shot is so slow I was able to average all of the keyframes and it looks just fine.  The other track I had on his glasses is perfectly in focus so this part worked fine.

Soooo... It works during the orignaly track but doesnt work once its saved or loaded into a node.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report