Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

64 bit Operating Systems

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
582 Views, 7 Replies

64 bit Operating Systems

I want to use Stitcher Unlimited on my new computer running running Windows 7 - 64 bit. This is to exploit the ability to work with RAM larger than 3 G Bytes. Looking at the system requirements for the latest product, I see only 32 bit OS support. Has anyone tried to run it on a 64 bit OS and did it work? More importantly, did it actually use RAM beyond the 32 bit OS limitation? Some of my panoramas are very large and need to offload some of the field to disk which is very slow.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

try running the free trial to see if it run on a x64 system before purchasing
link: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=12024140
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

I tried that. It would barely start and in starting up backed off the acceleration features of my video card. Other programs such as PhotoShop also do this and then return to the settings they found. In this case I had to download the video cards driver again. For now I've gone to using PTGui but I miss the ability to control the initial alignment and to align the first two photos alone for an accurate fix on lens aberrations. In any case. I never use the blending features of any stitcher but keep each shot as an independent layer and do my own blending in PhotoShop.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

it might be an OS issue remember window 7 came out after this application it might not run stitcher on either win 7 32 and 64 bit system I don't know if you have another system that has xp. adobe also posted that there product might not be fully functional in windows 7. best advice you might want to experiment to see if it is an OS issue
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

XP-32 was where I came from and it worked there but was hobbled by the 3GB RAM limit. It would be nice to hear from Autodesk, officially, if they ever will support a 64 bit OS. The stated system requirements still call for XP-32. In fact, I upgraded from Win2000 on my older machine specifically to meet the OS requirements of Stitcher Unlimited.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

the question I would have to help you out is to make sure that your software has sp1 installed if it doesn't that might be the problem. sp1 allows the software to run on system that have more than 4gb of memory so download it from here if you don't have it http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=12542841&linkID=12010784
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

XP-32 was where I came from and it worked there but was hobbled by the 3GB RAM limit. It would be nice to hear from Autodesk, officially, if they ever will support a 64 bit OS. The stated system requirements still call for XP-32. In fact, I upgraded from Win2000 on my older machine specifically to meet the OS requirements of Stitcher Unlimited.
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Who would have thought that the current trial download would not have SP1? I downloaded it and it worked the same as it previously did on my old machine and appears to utilize more than 3GB of RAM. So far I have been unable on either machine to get PhotoShop to take Stitcher's PSB output. It may be too large a file. My workaround so far has been to have Stitcher output independent TIFF files for each photo that I can merge in Photoshop. But that's a lot of work I can do without. Perhaps it is trying to render and output a full 360 x 180 rendering when the photos only take about 240 x 90.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report