Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

27" Apple cinema monitor

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mastervision
244 Views, 3 Replies

27" Apple cinema monitor

Hi, does anybody know, if this new 27" LED Apple cinema monitor works with Smoke OSX ? (as a main UI monitor, not as a preview monitor). This monitor has a resolution of 2560x1440px. His big (Smoke supported) brother has 2560x1600px. Thank you !
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
paul.andrews
in reply to: mastervision

Hello,

Yes it does work but you need to be aware of the kind of graphics card you are using to drive the display. The Apple 27" display uses a Display Port connection which is not available on some of the recommended graphics boards like the nVidia 4800 card. You will need to use a DVI to Display Port converter to make this work. One such converter you might want to investigate is the Atlona AT-DP400. I have not used this card but Atlona made this specificly for this display.

Or if you have one of the other graphics cards like the ATI Radeon HD 4870 that we support which does have the Display Port option, this will work well.

Do a little homework and it should be OK. I hope that helps.

Paul
Message 3 of 4
paul.andrews

Sorry friends,

When I said Display Port I should have said Mini Display Port.

Paul
Message 4 of 4
mastervision

Thank you for your replay, I am with Quadro 5600 Mac now ... so I need this adapter.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report