Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 ConnectFX Paint node?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
arichards
243 Views, 3 Replies

2013 ConnectFX Paint node?

I'll start the ball rolling. If Autodesk absolutely insists on getting rid of the desktop tools can they please make sure that the functionality of the ConnectFX versions have all the facilities of the defunct desktop versions? Where would paint be without 'auto paint'/tracking? Also there are other features in the desktop module (geometry) that are not present in batch/connectfx. Without these cloning out in paint is obviously gone?

Cheers
Tony
HP Z840, 80GB Ram, Quadro M6000x24GB
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
fred.warren
in reply to: arichards

Hello Tony,

It is our intention to provide access to tools you mention such as Autopaint, Geometry, etc. It is not yet decided how we will provide access to them, but they could be available in the Smoke 2013 release in one way or the other. Nothing is official though.

Please note that these tools won't be available in the first Trial version set to be available in June. Only the current Connect FX Paint will be available with the same feature set as in Smoke 2012.

fred

Frédéric Warren
User Experience Designer
Message 3 of 4
arichards
in reply to: fred.warren

Hi Fred,

I can imagine there might be some engineering difficulties, but it's good to know that it 'should' make its way into the module wherever it reappears (ConnectFX or some other place), if not in the June public beta version. It's definitely not a added-option to paint but perhaps one of its more essential uses? I know it's not a case of simply replugging the desktop tool into some other place but, given the timeline centricity that you're looking towards now, couldn't it be added to the timeline softFX that currently reside to the left of the timeline, or even inside the Axis effect? That way it would be outside of the ConnectFX version but not the current desktop model. Perhaps an engineering headache but it wouldn't break your change of paradigm/non-hard effect model?

Cheers
Tony
HP Z840, 80GB Ram, Quadro M6000x24GB
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: arichards

Thanks Frédéric!

crossing my fingers... 🙂

Ben

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report