Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old autodesk 360 link in new app

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
ukdxb012
881 Views, 20 Replies

Old autodesk 360 link in new app

Hi,

I tried to open an NWD FILE STORED ON THE CURRENT VERSION OF autodesk 360 as opposed the new version. I was hoping this would import it and open in the new viewer on the new app but it says I have to upload to the new Autodesk 360. Do I really have to? Would prefer it if I didn't and could open directly from old to new and transfer the file at the same time.

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

Hi Duncan,

Thanks for the feedback. Right now you are looking into two storage locations. The existing Autodesk 360 and the new Tech Preview. We are investigating migration for the future. But for this allows access to both locations.

Thanks for the feedback.
Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 3 of 21

Hi Bud,

But you cannot view CAD files in the old storage location unless you migrate everythign manually to the new location so why have the link if you cannot view them?

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 4 of 21

Hi Duncan,

I was able to view files from the old location with the mobile viewer. I will also follow up with the mobile team on the expected workflow here.

Thanks again for the updates and feedback.

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 5 of 21
ilai_rotbaein
in reply to: ukdxb012

Hi Duncan,

You are right, we had an issue with NWD files that has been fixed in our backend. Please try again now.

Thanks,

Ilai

Message 6 of 21
ukdxb012
in reply to: ilai_rotbaein

Hi,

I havent been able to view it yet but it does now say "File is being processed. Please try again later" of which i will to confirm 🙂

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 7 of 21
ilai_rotbaein

Ok, that probably means the file is still processed and is not available through the web viewer as well. If that?s not the case please let me know.

Thanks,
Ilai
Message 8 of 21

Hi Duncan,

To add to what Ilia is saying can you check the Autodesk 360 site and see if you can view the file there. This is the non tech preview site.

http://360.autodesk.com

Thanks and let us know.
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 9 of 21

Hi Bud,

Afraid the file is not viewable there, the file says "Preparing for viewing" We are preparing this file" strange though because i viewed this before on the current Autodesk 360 via browser so why is it regenerating the view again? It's historically already been done...

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 10 of 21
ukdxb012

Hi,

The file is still being processed unfortunately... Couple of hours have gone by as well. Needs to be a lot quicker. Particularly if you want to collaborate in real time.

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 11 of 21

Thanks Duncan and let us know how it goes.

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 12 of 21

Hi Duncan,

I have seen some very slow times today as well, something may be slowing down the service right now. I am going to check with the team.

Thanks for the update.
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 13 of 21

Still struggling with this I'm afraid... Looks like it's still processing.

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 14 of 21

Hi Duncan,

Thanks for the update and the team is chasing down an issue with NWD files. Can you check that the file still exists in the Autodesk 360 site? I saw some traffic over the weekend about different log files for the issue and just wanted to make sure you did not remove the file?

Thanks for the update and let us know about if the file is still posted to the site.

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 15 of 21

Hi Bud,

File still exists but both autodesk 360 apps say generating preview for both NWD and RVT.

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 16 of 21

Hi Duncan,

If you are seeing the same issue on the Tech Preview it's a different issue. But if you are seeing it on the ...

http://360.autodesk.com

Site then it's the same problem. I will ping the team, I have not heard any updates yet this week.

Thanks for the update.

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 17 of 21

Bud,

This is what i see on the old a360... will send a screenshot from apps in a moment.

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 18 of 21

Hi Duncan,

That is what you would see in Autodesk 360 when translation failed. I know that the team is still looking into this. If you upload this same file to the Tech Preview, do you see the same issue?

Thanks for the updates.

Bud
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 19 of 21

Uploading to Tech Preview is fine, but accessing the same file through 360 Tech preview app on the old Autodesk 360 "My Drive" doesnt show the file either. I guess this is because of the file not previewing on Autodesk 360. I thought this wouldnt matter as you are viewing through the new viewer.

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 20 of 21

Hi Duncan,

Thanks for the update. You are not viewing through the Large Model Viewer when looking at files stored in the existing Autodesk 360 site. You would need to upload those files to the new site before you would be viewing with the new viewer.

Hope this helps.

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report