14 Kudos
rishivadher

model over cloud point

by Distinguished Contributor rishivadher on ‎03-30-2013 05:57 PM

Fusion 360 should model over cloud point of cloud our imported mesh, it would be nice also to import a solid like stl our obj an model over it, and grabbing some edges our points from the imported model from a cloud point for exemple

October 2013 update included import of mesh (obj and stl) and the ability to model over it with TSplines.
Comments
by Contributor jeffwaldosand on ‎05-13-2013 01:56 PM

Agreed.  Fusion needs a type of snap tool in that if you dragged a surface up to other geometry (imported or native) it would reshape the geometry to match.  Like a vacuum form sheet over a pattern.  Better yet add dimensional driven off set option while your are at it.  

by Board Manager kat.ingalls on ‎06-04-2013 10:07 AM
by Contributor TRACERfire on ‎06-12-2013 01:19 AM

As a workaround I loaded an OBJ file into Rhino, then converted it into a closed NURB surface and exported as a STEP file.

Then I dragged the STEP file into Fusion and waited for translation.

Worked a treat.

I can use facets of the Polymesh to create sketches, project onto sketches and also snap to while drawing on a plane.

Native OBJ import is the best solution but this workaround wasn't terribly time consuming.

Just a wallet hit for some in having to purchase Rhino :smileywink:

by Board Manager schneik on ‎07-18-2013 04:21 PM
Status changed to: Accepted
We totally agree. There is progress on this as we speak and we should have a solid solution by AU this year on this. What size/kind of models are you hoping to import?
by Board Manager schneik on ‎10-16-2013 11:29 PM
Status changed to: Implemented
October 2013 update included import of mesh (obj and stl) and the ability to model over it with TSplines.
Search this board