Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

highlight to track changes

highlight to track changes

This would be similar to the Track Changes tool in Word. At a certain point the user would click «start tracking changes» and all modifications from that point on would be shown with a color or similar indication.

There are many times when mating surfaces need to be push-pulled by some amount to ensure proper fit and something like this would be helpful to ensure that we get everything and don't hit the same surface more than once (of course - some sort of automated fitting tolerances with ghost components would be better.. but that'd be a major new feature and this you could probably implement in a few hours).

2 Comments
schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration
Interesting idea. I think we have some fundamental tools to get right first, but I could see this being very interesting. In the past we had a pretty powerful attribute system and the user and the system could create attributes on geometry depending on how you interacted with it. You could then create selections or rule drive selections using these attributes. One way to do what you are saying is to create a rule that says color all faces red that were modified by bob after 10:00am today. Or, color all faces green modified by Tom yesterday... We also used this to add a user attribute titled surface finish. then we assigned this to different faces with different values. Later we could create a search for all face with surface finish less than some value. I think these ideas could be lumped together into something quite powerful? What do you think?

Definitely no objection to that and seems like it'd dovetail very naturally into the same functionality.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report