Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY: Fusion 360 client loading all HTML/jQuery/etc. off the Internet

WHY: Fusion 360 client loading all HTML/jQuery/etc. off the Internet

As mentioned earlier, Fusion 360 Dashboard uses Internet (HTML/jQuery etc.) technologies under the hood. This is perfectly okay (if it doesn't show to the user), but I don't get why it needs to load resources s.a. pictures and script libraries off the Internet. 

https://twitter.com/bmdesignhki/status/361215924633731072/photo/1

Fusion is not the snappiest application to launch. This may well be part of the reason. I'd simply put the used libraries etc. resources as part of the installed client, and access them locally.

Even if the files are cached (which I don't think they are - see the below search for .js files) simply checking that they haven't changed on the server would take some time.

$ find ~/Library/Application\ Support/Autodesk/ -name "*.js"

./webdeploy/69e5777f7670ab8fe6a5d402b114295c37eba7a4/Frameworks/Neutron.framework/resources/scripts/windows/shell_launch.js
./webdeploy/meta/streamer/20130607164600/resources/scripts/windows/shell_launch.js

I hope Autodesk is looking at this prior to the real release of the product. This could be tagged 'possible performance optimization'.

Launch test:

Fusion 360 client on Macbook Air (iCore 7) takes roughly 15-20 seconds to launch. That's long.

(Fusion 1.8.568, OS X 10.8.4)

2 Comments
lure23
Collaborator

I finally got my Mac up-to-speed (it was drastically slow throughout 2013 - do ask me for hints, I must be knowing most of them by now!).

Unfortunately, the above comment on Fusion trading snappiness for using Web-based mechanics is still valid. Over here (Europe) loading of the Dashboard side is slower than most web sites!

Please, either keep the Dashboard completely web based, or make its files come local so that it's snappy. You can test with the OS X Speed Limit preference plugin, which allows simulating different kinds of network connections. Note that it's probably not the bandwidth that's limiting but the delays coming from multiple short fetches to Autodesk servers.

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

We did a major overhaul of our backend system and the data panel should be loading faster as well as designs should be opening and inserting faster. Check it out and let me know how it is for you. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report