Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Capsule

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
quaverf
332 Views, 2 Replies

Time Capsule

PROBLEM - use entities created later in the time line to create features on/in entities that exist earlier in the time line.

DESCRIPTION - I created a design with 13 components that are assembled with joint relationships.  Once the basic design was completed I wanted to made modifications to components earlier in the time line using edges of entities created later in the time line.  When I open the sketches related to the older items I cannot "see" the the entities existing later in the time line, therefore, I cannot use "Project", for examle.

To get around this I created a new sketch at the end of the time line, projected the geometry from the later entities, added sufficient dimensional details to the sketch, took a screen capture, closed the sketch I just created, opened the sketch for the older entity I wanted to modify and references the screen capture created the necessary sketch elements.  Closed the modified sketch, performed the extrusion.  Deleted the new sketch that was created to capture the features from the later entities.

NEW IDEA - would be nice to be able to capture geomtry from entities later in the time line and carry them back to early points in the time line.  It is not necessary to maintain and linked relationship for the features that are carried back in time.  Just capture the current state.

Thanks,

Rick

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
schneik-adsk
in reply to: quaverf

Kevin Schneider
Message 3 of 3
schneik-adsk
in reply to: quaverf

If you create the sketch plane on object that exist early in the design, like the origin for example, then you can project objects into the sketch. Then for the projected items, you can select items and "Break Link" from the sketch context menu. Then you can drag the sketch earlier into the timeline.

As slong as there are no refrences to later objects you can move the sketch earlier.  Make sense?

Kevin Schneider

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report