Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketching: Mix between 2-point and center rectangle

Sketching: Mix between 2-point and center rectangle

Hey all,

i rather often come across the situation where i need to create a rectangle that is centered to a reference point on one axis and aligned (not centered) to another reference point on the other axis. Therefore a mix between the center and a 2-point rectangle would be great. I'd then like to select the center reference point and move the rectangle in one direction without it getting mirrored/centered on both axis.

I've made a video with an example (hope it's understandable what i intend to say): http://screencast.com/t/ZDsGXmoL6

btw: this is one of MANY points where dynamic measuring could help so much. I think we need to bring this discussion up again as old requests regarding this topic already sunk down to nowhere.

2 Comments
scottnewman
Enthusiast

Great Idea.  I am posting a similar request for Inventor.  It would be a great productivity enhancement and should have been added long ago!.

promm
Alumni
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Thank you for idea - this is getting archived due to lack of votes.  Have you tried using a two point rectangle with constraints and construction lines in order to center your rectangle?

Cheers,

Mike 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report