Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple Public Viewer

Simple Public Viewer

Hi,

i'd like to be able to share my drawings with other people for review. This should be possible with people not registered with autodesk and they should only have access to renderings and the interactive 3d view in the browser. Also it should be possible to revoke this share again.

I'm not sure which one would be better:

Idea 1: share a link which always shows the most up to date version of a file as long as the link is active

Idea 2: export a public preview which would mean you have to re-export after changing things but this makes sure the other party only sees what you wanted to show them and you could continue to work on the file without changing the preview.

Somehow i like both ideas for different reasons. Maybe both could be realized? With both it would be great if you could set an invalidation time like "autodelete after X days/hours)" or manually delete after it was created.

One way or the other, i think we should have a way to share an easy webview and with the great renderings and the browser based 3d view that are already there, things are more or less setup for that.

What do you think?

8 Comments
schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: 実装済み

schneik-adsk
Community Manager

Item 2 is what the gallery now offers. You can share images and models.

Item 1 is on our roadmap. I'd dont have a good feel for when. I expect that we will enable this for users who have a free Autodesk ID first. This assumes they will get a link from you, log in with free ID and view/markup as you say. Then after that, we will enhance that workflow to let you do the same with anyone in the public.

Does this sound reasonable?

Helmi74
Collaborator

Hi Kevin,

i think i've not been exact enough. I want to share my 3d document with others for viewing but only to selected people (but without login) - something like youtube offers as "unlisted". These videos are basically public but do not appear on search results or when clicking through tags or something else. Also they don't appear in your list of public videos. Only people that have the link can view these videos. I know that there's no security in this mode but i think you can imagine how this can be used.

I think posting to the gallery is always public, isn't it? (i'm afraid not to have posted anything to the gallery yet but i couldn't even imagine what was good enough and at the same time meant for the public).

schneik-adsk
Community Manager

Good point. The public non-logged in sharing I mentioned assumed a familary listed/unlisted ability like You-tube. We intend several other options too. Things like Link expiration and contols on download/view/measure.

And, Yes, gallery posting is always public today.

Oceanconcepts
Advisor

I see myself wanting to preview design concepts to a selected group of people, but not publicly. They usually are not designers or CAD users, so something that worked in a web browser would be ideal. Actually, this kind of thing comes up frequently. I don't require massive security or password protection (though that could be a possibility).  Just a way to have a private graphic conversation.

charegb
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

We are going to support shareing items by emailing a link in the next update. You will be able to password protect the link and control if the recipient can only view the model in a browser or view and download. Version specific sharing is a future consideration.

- Bankim

Helmi74
Collaborator

That sounds cool - thanks. One other feature that would be cool is the possibility to have this link expire after X days.

schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report