Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim360 integrated in to Fusion 360

Sim360 integrated in to Fusion 360

Now that Sim 360 has dissapeared (end-of-lifed). It would be great to integrate some of the most important features into Fusion 360.

Personally a staic load case with ISO materials with a limit of 5 components would be a good way to seperate light users and professional users (who will pay more for these features).

Pete

9 Comments
herzinj
Alumni
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選
Thanks for the feedback, Pete! We're working hard on making functionality similar to this a reality, as well as some other simulation options. Stay tuned.

I didn't realize it was EOLed !

I definitely give a more general vote for bundling everything in F360 and then charging for compute cycles / units rather than having separate monthly fees for CAM 360 / SIM 360 / XYZ 360

Bug.Robotics
Advocate

I agree with roambotics_scott.  Program the features into Fusion 360 for serious use and then charge per use rather than all up front.  For example, I only will use CFD a few times a year and will gladly pony up the money when that is necessary.  

DS_P
Advocate

Yup pay as you go FEA/CFD sounds like the way to go.  Have a quick job estimator to get a max price to converge on a solution, then the user can decide to run the model or simplify it, then once it runs, charge for actual processing power used and pay with a credit card right in the program. 

vaclav_prchlik
Autodesk

Hi All,

Please let me share with you an update. We are working on bringing simulation as a native part of Fusion 360. There are two areas of focus:

Picture bellow outlines the difference:

Infographics Simulation for Fusion.jpg

Please let me know any feedback and/or suggestions.

Thanks,

Vasek

Bug.Robotics
Advocate

Hey Vasek,

Thanks for the update!  I am definately partial to the engineering side of simulation and think that with some embedded links to tutorial videos inside Fusion 360 you would have no issue helping those who are a bit lost on what is going on (mesh, load types, etc.).  That being said, the drop test for designers would definitely be helpful to the engineers as well.  

As a user of Solidworks Premium, I already have static simulation but I am in dire need of fatigue, basic CFD and thermal analysis.  This seems like somewhere you all can nail a large market of Solidworks users.  The only option we have is to go with at least a 6K package with 3.5K subscription.  If you all were to develop a nice simulation package then users could easily bring in Solidworks models, assign a material and get to analyzing.  I'm sure this isn't your target audiance (or target workflow) but the potential is fairly large.  Thanks again for the update and I look forward to playing with the new tools!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking forward to FEA being added. Looks nice and similar to inventor, does it have the detect and elimante rigid body modes option?  Thermal analysis would be fantastic. 

schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Anonymous
Not applicable

nice

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report