Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Place/import Text and/or paths as sketch

Place/import Text and/or paths as sketch

Hi,

i'm rather new to Fusion 360 so please bear with me if this was already suggested or at last is a working feature already and i just didn't find it 🙂

It would be great if one could place text as a sketch or probably a solid object (the latter won't be so important as you could always extrude from the sketch). Also the possibility to import paths from let's say Illustrator or other vector based tools would be good as a sketch so you could import technical drawings or similar as a base for extrusions.

Thanks!

Frank

25 Comments
schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented
October 2013 included svg import to bring in vector data
Helmi74
Collaborator

i'm worried about your work/sleep time, Kevin - must be mid night over there 🙂 Early in the morning here.

Already seen svg import and did a first test but failed in creating a closed face out of a loop of importet svg. Will continue to try and post in the help forums if needed.

sanguish
Advocate

Awesome that this was implemented. I had no idea.

How do we use it?

Helmi74
Collaborator

you simple choose "import svg" from the sketch menu when having a sketch active.

leganzish
Advocate

Has this feature been removed?  I see that in 2013 you could chose "import svg" from the sketch menu, but I do not have that in mine now...

Edit:  I've found where the option is now (or maybe has always been).  I'll leave this here for anyone else who may be as slow as I am.  The option is found not in the sketch menu, but the "Insert" menu.  "Insert SVG" or "Insert DXF"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report