Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offset parameters propagate through the timeline.

Offset parameters propagate through the timeline.

I define a user parameter (Modify -> Change Parameters tool), and then create an offset in a sketch using that parameter. I then make an extrusion based on the offset line. If I then edit the parameter in the Modify -> Change Parameters menu, there is no change in the model.

This would be an extremely helpful feature to have. Especially for tolerances that change based on testing.

4 Comments

This and basically anything the user does in sketch or elsewhere should be parameterizable and changes should propogate.

herzinj
Alumni
Status changed to: 実装済み

I think this ties in relatively closely to your other idea (http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Fusion-360-IdeaStation-Request-a/Define-parameters-on-dimension/idi-p/...) dealing with parameters.  I agree completely that this could be made easier, and should be.  Also, I agree with the comment of “this and basically anything the user does in sketch or elsewhere should be parameterizable…”  Would you (or Scott) be able to give a quick list of the items you feel are most important to be parameterizable, slightly more broken down than all things?  

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just stumbled over the fact that this is not working. Not being able to define an offset by parameter or dimension like you can do with most other sketch features really limits what you can do with it.

I had to design a button today that needed a little "skirt" around the edges. Every time I had to modify the skirt because it didn't fit or the basic form of the button changed, I had to remove the old offset of the button spline, create a new one and choose all the extruded faces again.

promm
Alumni
Status changed to: Implemented

@jcarrus,

At the time of your post we did not have parametric offset.  Since then this has been added and you can now do the workflow you described.  Due to this improvement I am changing this idea to implemented.

Cheers,

Mike Prom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report