Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorporate the "Full Navigation Wheel" and "Turntable" into Fusion 360

Incorporate the "Full Navigation Wheel" and "Turntable" into Fusion 360

Before Fusion 360 was available, I tried out Autodesk's "123D Beta" which appeared to be the predecessor to Fusion 360.  It had a "Full Navigation Wheel" which I thought was very useful (see attached image).  Besides letting you navigate with only your mouse, it had other cool features such as "Rewind" that let you scroll through a series of selectable thumbnail views of your movement history, which was great when working with complex models and assemblies.  Is there a chance it will be incorporated into Fusion 360, even if it is just a selectable option?

Also, the RMB menu in 123D Beta included "Turntable" which created a customizable model rotation animation with ".avi" export (even though I had some troubles exporting).  This would be very handy, especially when sending a 3D design to non-design people for visualization, without requiring them to have a CAD system to view the animated model.

2 Comments
Helmi74
Collaborator

Regarding the animation export: You could do such things with renderers like keyshot. Otherwise for sharing i think the already existing 3d web viewer would be smarter than a static rendering. I've just suggested sharing for non-fusion-users here - maybe you want to support this: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Fusion-360-IdeaStation-Request-a/Simple-Public-Viewer/idi-p/4938032

Besides that i like the idea of getting back to viewing angles you just used. In complex assemblies navigating to the right view point can be challenging. Though i never used them, you can probably use named views instead. Difference is you first have to create them to recall them later but in complex assemblies this could probably be a good way. I will try them myself in the actual model i'm working on.

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Thank you for idea - this is getting archived due to lack of votes. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report