Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import 123D files?!?!

Import 123D files?!?!

I've been using 123D Beta9 for a while now, and I really love the program.  That being said I'd like to try out Fusion360 but I cannot seem to import any of my files, which is a real downer.  I've invested so much time  and have so many files in 123D!  I'd really appreciate it if I could import them into Fusion360.  Inventor and Inventor fusion have no problem opening them up.

Please, can I haz?

10 Comments
keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: 実装済み

keqingsong
Community Manager

Thanks for the request akhlut! Just to be clear so that I understand, when you try to import a 123D file into Fusion 360 through the dashboard import button, the translators fail to convert the file and import fails? 

akhlut
Explorer

I didn't think I would have to import the files - figured I would be able to simply open them like any other Autodesk file.  I'll have to give the import function a try when I get home.

Thanks for the insight!

akhlut
Explorer

Nope.  It won't import a file in .123D format.  

Not because the translator fails, but because it doesn't list the .123D format as a compatible format.

If you guys could get this working that would be fantastic.

Thanks!

buzzkross
Alumni

This is a good suggestion and should be easy, we need to get this one done.

bslatkin
Observer

Any update on this? I'd love to import 123d files into Fusion 360. Thanks.

michibretz
Community Visitor

I am not too keen on teh fusion thing. tooo onliney for my tast but i got me inventor and I am now lookinga the same issues.

when i go via .stl i do have only problems and cant really touch or manipulate the file ast all.

also reason i got me inventor was to be able to create 2 Drawings from parts which will become a unusabel mess

stianstrips
Contributor

Whats up with importing 123D Design files to Fusion 360? Has this been implemented?

I just uploaded a design but it doesn't show as any readable file. 

What I did was just uplad the file in Fusion 360. 

Regards

Stian

keqingsong
Community Manager

123D files can be downloaded as .obj and .stl, and Fusion 360 can now import both as mesh data. We are now working better mesh experience for Fusion 360 as well. 

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report