Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlight selected part in timeline

Highlight selected part in timeline

I expect that when I click a part in my model that the corresponding "form" would highlight in the timeline like it does in the browser. This would help overcome the lack of item names in the timeline. You could even highlight any history items that were involved in making the specific part.

4 Comments
haughec
Autodesk
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

haughec
Autodesk

Thanks for the request.  Yes, we need to improve highlighting between the timeline, browser and model.  I've logged FUS-10852 to enhance this workflow.

Charles

haughec
Autodesk

Good news: we've done some work on cross-highlighting for the upcoming release.  When an object is selected from the model or in the Browser, the the Timeline will now display a secondary highlight (small hash marks, similar to the same secondary highlighting in the browser) for corresponding features.

Cross-highlight 1.png

Cross-highlight 2.png

One known limitation is that the cross-highlighting does not work after bodies have been moved into new components.  We will continue to work on this.  I'm leaving this issue in an "Accepted" state until this has been addressed.

Please take a look when the new release is available (likely sometime in late August or Early September) and let us know what you think.

Thanks,

Charles

schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report