Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable calculation in translation tools

Enable calculation in translation tools

So In Blender I can enter (3'-2")*3 and it calcualtes the math result and enteres it into value entry field.

Fusion being a CAD system should do the same. Like in the screenshot, instead of having to go to a

calculator for complex problems or for a quick adjustment it will be highly beneficial if you can

enter equation and let the software do the math for you.

Screen Shot 2014-04-20 at 1.49.29 PM.png

6 Comments
schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: 実装済み
Fusion should be able and is designed to do this. I suspect there is a units problem. This is an area where Fusion is not as forgiving as it could be. If you remove the "mm" does the equation work?
cekuhnen
Mentor

Hello there

indeed without units it works - there is often a lag however.

But Unites would be very useful.

The metric system is pretty simple. Inches with feet etc is a different story, specifically also with how people use inches to define values.

3'4.5" would be great to be able to be entered and Fusion then converts that to the correct unite value of the system.

schneik-adsk
Community Manager

We will add the inch notation to our backlog. You can mix units today but need to use inch decimal.

garin
Alumni

I ran into this exact same thing last night. I would like to see this fixed as well 🙂

sanguish
Advocate

I can swear I've done this, at lease division. Am I nuts??

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report