Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom, personal parts library and better organization options to enable it.

Custom, personal parts library and better organization options to enable it.

I would like to see the ability to create a custom parts library, with a dashboard interface that allows me to categorize parts into folders.  For me, this might be electronic components I need to account for- connectors, headers, batteries, displays, etc. These are mostly not available from generic CAD model sources.  I either build them or get them direct from the manufacturer.   It's best if I can identify them by manufacturer's part #, but this isn't conducive to searching and placing given the current interface.  But most of us have parts we need to reuse over and over.  The current interface makes these very difficult to find.

This is related to an idea- or several- around file organization, for instance http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Request-a-Feature-Fusion-360/My-2-dashboard-cents-eat-it-or-not/idi-p/...   These should ideally be under one umbrella.   Really need a way to link closely related ideas. 

5 Comments
kat.ingalls
Alumni

Thanks, Ron - agreed. Will let our forum platform know and see if they have any recommendations for how to link related ideas.

colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: 実装済み
Great suggestion. The Fusion360 team has discussed this but I am keen to hear what our other users have to say on the subject.
whunter
Advocate

I'd also like to see the ability to add custom parts.

It could be simple, just a way to create a folder structure on one's hub, perhaps one that syncs with a local folder (on one's PC). For example, if I have a local 'Library' of CAD files (bolts, nuts, circlips, shackles, sprockets, gears, gearboxes, etc), it woud be great if one could just sync the folder structure and content to your Hub. F360 has the ability to convert most file formats in any case.

promm
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Oceanconcepts
Advisor

Mike,

I think the changes in Fusion and A360 have already addressed most of what I was going for.

Thanks, Ron

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report