Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2d line art into sketch plane and editable for extrusion etc

2d line art into sketch plane and editable for extrusion etc

Hi there,

as discussed in the general forum, I would like to see,

The ability to import .dxf or preferably .svg ( such as generated in inkscape ) line art into a sketch plane in a similar way to bitmaps.

These line art elements should then be fully editable sketch elements that can support in app editing and particularly 3d extrusion.

This would enable the efficient use of line art generated, or inherited from other packages, rather than the present method I have had to use of hand tracing in sketch a bitmap imported onto a sketch plane.

I view this as a fundamental feature. Please do not hesitate to ask for any clarification, but hopefully it is self explanatory.

5 Comments
johndstrunk
Explorer

I agree,

The ability to import .svg files and .dxf files into Autodesk Fusion 360 is a big requirement to me and a big part of my workflow.

Other 3D programs such as Blender allow the importing and extrusions of these scalable vector graphics and allow extrusion and manipulation in the 3D plane.

Here is an example of that process working in Blender:

http://youtu.be/ows2QTiMRPg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ows2QTiMRPg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Frequently I am given designs and sketches in print (2D space).  I modify these to svg or dxf files and create 3D models based on the given sketches and requirements.  But the lack of ability to do this in Autodesk Fusion 360 is a show stopper feature for me.

Please add this feature as its a big missing component and a big help to modeling.

adam.molnar.1
Enthusiast

In version 1.7.444 is able to import a DWG line art as an sketch. Now F360 able to show it, but when i try to edit, the app frozen. Very promising but need significant improvements.

schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選
You can import DWG and DXF data today. While not ideal you can open these design and copy and paste the sketch data into other designs. We are going to make this much easier.
schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented
October 2013 update included SVG import.
big_red_frog
Collaborator

Great to see, thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report