Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D Drawing - remove arrowhead on leader option please

2D Drawing - remove arrowhead on leader option please

For patent drawings, It would be nice to have leaders with no arrowheads. 

In utility and provisional patent drawings, the style is to have no arrowheads unless you are pointing at an assembly, or a group of parts.

Attaching some example utility drawings

http://www.skeletool.com/images/content/utility/7249390/Patent%207249390%207530129%20Surge%20Scissor...

http://www.skeletool.com/images/content/utility/7347128/Patent%207347128%20Charge%20Perspective%20Op...

11 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also the ability to make an object render as a dashed line, instead of a solid line would be nice.

cmiller66
Autodesk

Hi ebobryan1971,

Thanks for looking at Fusion 360 Drawings.  For the dashed line request, we currently support hidden lines in view geometry but I'm wondering which other objects/scenarios you have in mind.

We have a separate discussion forum for Fusion 360 Drawings here: Preview: Drawings and Documentation.  If you have additional feature requests or comments, we'd appreciate the feedback.

Thanks,
Chris

herzinj
Alumni

Thanks for the feedback, ebobryan1971!  As Chris said, we are working hard to improve the drawing capabilities and definitely want to prioritize those features that are currently missing that the community needs the most.  I see you've added one additional feature request, but please keep them coming!

James

herzinj
Alumni
Status changed to: オートデスク今後検討

Anonymous
Not applicable

to cmiller 66

For the dashed line request, we currently support hidden lines in view geometry but I'm wondering which other objects/scenarios you have in mind.

For patent drawings, sometimes we need to "disclaim" part of the invention. For example: In fusion we would model a box with four bolts connected to it. For the invention we are disclaiming the bolts. In other words saying that the invention can have a non-specific kind of bolt. When we render it in a dashed line it tells the patent office exactly this.

Currently what I am doing is rendering models out of 3d Studio max using a render engine called Final Toon which renders the object to an illustrator vector format. My next step is to open it in Illustrator and selectively click the lines etc that I need to convert to a dashed line. As you are probably aware, in Illustrator there is a checkbox on the stroke panel that allows you to convert a line to a dashed line. I was thinking that in the 2d drawing part of fusion, that there could be this same checkbox feature.

colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager

We have recently added a patent-drawing style leader option to the drawings environment. Enjoy!

Screen Shot 2016-06-02 at 1.32.37 PM.png

OFGLLC
Advocate

Please tell me how and where in the Drawing space these features are implemented.  I can find neither a way to remove the arrows or draw a curvy flag line and/or dashed flag lines.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report