Freewheel (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freewheel internal competition with release of Glue and others?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
iphoenix
1972 Views, 5 Replies

Freewheel internal competition with release of Glue and others?

Autodesk,

With the aquisition of Vela, you have a lot of projects that include 3D Model viewers like -

etc...

Are there any plans to streamline all these platforms?  What are the differences and plans to separate your commercial products from a project like Freewheel.  I am a firm believer that Freewheel will open up BIM to the non-progressive engineers and architects.  Do you plan on implementing any features from Glue into Freewheel?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
scott.sheppard
in reply to: iphoenix

Over time I see Freewheel being replaced  by other services that are part of Autodesk 360.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 6
iphoenix

Will you be offering a autodesk 360 viewer api for free like freewheel?

Message 4 of 6
scott.sheppard

IMHO Autodesk Freewheel cannot be retired until our Autodesk 360 services allow a customer to embed his design in his own web site so that his customers can interact with it.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 6
iphoenix
in reply to: scott.sheppard

I'd agree with you and hope that you are correct, but I fear you are not Scott.  Looks like your shutting freewheel down:

http://labs.blogs.com/its_alive_in_the_lab/2014/01/last-scheduled-downtime-for-autodesk-freewheel-on...

I know Glue's API is out and should be able to do the same as freewheel, only catch is that to get an access token you have to pay over $1000 to get into the developer api.

Looks like glue isn't quite FREEwheel?

Message 6 of 6
scott.sheppard

Yes Autodesk Freewheel is being shut down so users can graduate to Autdoesk 360. Autodesk Blue Glue is not required for the change.

http://labs.blogs.com/its_alive_in_the_lab/2014/01/system-requirements-for-dwf-viewing-on-autodesk-3...

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report