cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snap to ground

Snap to ground

I think this feature is a must. Add a simple button or command that snaps the loaded object on the ground. Every time I add a vehicle to Flow Design is lifted of the ground and to adjust the wind tunnel area is extremely hard, especially in Flow Design. While was still Falcon, in the latest versions you could change to orthographic mode and ajust the wind tunnel somehow more easily, but in Flow Design, even when I change the view to rothographic, the wind tunnel box remains in persective and is impossible to accurately adjust the wind tunnel box.

3 Comments
hartogj
Community Manager

I think this idea makes a lot of sense and will pass it on to our dev folks. But at the same time I don't understand the comment about the box being shown in perspective mode even when the view is orthographic? I frequently switch between ortho and perspective mode and haven't seen this so if you could share a screenshot or steps to recreate that would be helpful.

Thanks,

Jon

hartogj
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Review

gpktm
Enthusiast

Hi Jon

Was just my impression. What actually happened is for some reason, when I'm at orthographic mode and I zoom in and out, the grid line doesn't zoom in and out proportionally with the flow box and the model.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report