Flow Design Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flow Design Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flow Design topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

software doesn't work(open)...

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
qifeiyu
1242 Views, 15 Replies

software doesn't work(open)...

Hi,

I have installed the Flow Design education version. But when I open the software(I mean when I double click the flow design icon), the open image show up and the software stop working, till I close it by force......

and then a window come out saying: Autodesk Flow Design has encountered a fatal cxception :-(......

How can I solve the problem?

Thanks a lot.

Qi

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
ryan.arnaudin
in reply to: qifeiyu

Hi Qi,

Are you only seeing the splash screen, or is it making it past that point? Subsequent screens would include entitlement check, sign in dialog, and analytics opt-in.

You can try deleting the "Autodesk Flow Design.settings.json" file in your system Documents folder, if it exists.

Best,

Ryan

Message 3 of 16
qifeiyu

Thx!!! It works after I installed revit...

Nice software and very easy to use. But is it possible to get data from the software for example get the speed of some point in the calculation area?

Qi

Message 4 of 16
ryan.arnaudin

Qi,

You can add probes in the Revit plugin which will tell you the velocity magnitude or pressure at a specific point(s). This feature does not exist in the Standalone version, so that would require a more manual inspection using the legend bar. There is an option to enable contours and banding that could make it easier to identify speeds or ranges thereof.

Ryan
Message 5 of 16
qifeiyu
in reply to: ryan.arnaudin

but where can i download the revit plugin??...i think i can only find the standalone version now
Message 6 of 16
ryan.arnaudin

The plugins are included in the Flow Design installer. If you have Revit 2014 you should see a Flow Design tab.

Message 7 of 16
Royce_adsk
in reply to: ryan.arnaudin

If you don't see the Revit plugin, try running the registration .bat file location here:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Flow Design\data\..

Right click on RegRevit.bat and select run as administrator

let us know if tha thelps!

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 8 of 16
qifeiyu

I didn't find a file named regrevit.bat in the folder...

Is it hiden? or ......

Qi

Message 9 of 16
mayur_dhumal

Hi Qi,

'RegRevit.bat' is necessary for Flow design to work in Revit as a plug-in.

Regards,
Mayur
Message 10 of 16
qifeiyu
in reply to: Royce_adsk

I didn't find a file named regrevit.bat in the folder...
Is it hiden? or ......where to find??

Qi
Message 11 of 16
qifeiyu
in reply to: mayur_dhumal

errrr...where to find it?? not in my autodesk\flow design\data\...folder
Message 12 of 16
mayur_dhumal

Well best person to answer this question is a Autodesk support.

Regards,
Mayur
Message 13 of 16
Royce_adsk

Looks to me like your have a bad install.  Look at the modifed date for the folder there.  Listed as 2000, that doesn't make sense.

I would uninstall and delete the flow design folder in the the program files folder (if the uninstall doesn't do it for you)

Then reinstall the software.  When you install right click on the installer and pick run as admin. 

Lets see if that help!

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 14 of 16
mayur_dhumal

Hi Qi,

I guess you may have installed it over the network drive, i would recommend keep the installer at Local drive then again install it with 'run as admin'.

I suppose when we extract installer package from a very deep or remote location, some of the important files may not get updated in installation, such as missing *.bat or *.dll files.

I would be very happy to know if you got any solution over this problem.

Regards,
Mayur
Message 15 of 16
Greenpower2014

Hi. I have had exsactly the same problem as the inital poster. As suggested I have tried installing Revit 2015, but it is still not working. Please advice.

Cheers.

Message 16 of 16
qatesting
in reply to: Greenpower2014

There has been a new version posted to the estore of "Flow Deisgn" (R3)

So I would try

1. uninstall existing version of Flow Design

2. Install latest version which you can download from the estore

There is no obvious reason why you shouldn't see Revit plugin inside Revit. The Product currently only supports Revit 2014 and 2015 versions are you using an older version?

There is a mention that RegRevit.bat doesn't exist in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Flow Design\data. This sounds like its either an older version or installation hasn't finished correctly as this file will be installed even if Revit is not on the system. 

This new version has only been available for 1 week now so worth trying it out to see if this fixes your issue.

Regards

Quentin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report