Flow Design Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flow Design Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flow Design topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Pressure in Pascal

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
861 Views, 2 Replies

Surface Pressure in Pascal

Hi,

I have one question. I don´t know really whether I told you my question or not. Because of that sorry if  you already know my question. My problem is the surface pressure on the models. There is positiv and negative pressure. But in real world there isn´t any negative pressure. What means this negative pressure. That I have to calculate the normalpressure (air pressure) minus/plus the pressure in the software. Or is it the direction where the pressure takes any effect?

I Hope you can understand my question and my english. Thank you for your trouble.

Lucas

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hartogj
in reply to: 864297531

Pressures are shown in terms of gage pressure which references standard conditions. It is offset from absolute pressure by a fixed amount.

A reading of 0 pressure corresponds to normal ambient (ie. barometric) pressure.

This page has a diagram that may be helpful for explaining the relationship:  http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/pressure-d_587.html

Jon

Jon den Hartog

Product Manager
Message 3 of 3
ndiaz28YGY3Q
in reply to: hartogj

As long as I know, te negative pressure means suction. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report