Flow Design Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flow Design Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flow Design topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ground plane issue & related Questions

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
scottmoyse
538 Views, 1 Reply

Ground plane issue & related Questions

It looks like the Ground Plane is locked to the XY plane in Inventor. Is that true? I would have expected it to follow the same ground plane as Inventors on the Inventor View Tab.

1. Is there some way of adjusting it? The car model I'm using at the moment is aligned to the Z-axis along it's center line. So it's not that much use.
  2. Also does the Ground Plane have any effect on the air flow?
  3. Can you simulate the road/ground level with it, or do you have to eyeball the Wind Tunnel boundary box to pull up close to the tyres?

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Royce_adsk
in reply to: scottmoyse

The ground plane is purely a visual element that does not effect the results.  Currently, the ground plane cannot be moved to a different surface.  To my knowledge this visual ground plane is going to be the surface of the wind tunnel that is parallel to the XY plane.

Also, you would have to eyeball the placement of the 'ground' surface of the wind tunnel.

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report