Flow Design Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flow Design Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flow Design topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flow design

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
frmul
847 Views, 4 Replies

Flow design

Morning

yesterday i did a flow simulation of a simple flat surface that have an angle of 30° to the orizontal plane. The output program gave me the pressure distribution but i don't find the way to obtain the net force direction and its point of application.

How i can find this information in Flow design?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mayur_dhumal
in reply to: frmul

Hi,

As Flow design is a Tunnel Simulation software it gives you sufficient results as Velocity & Pressure. You can adjust the Visualization as desired, or select the 'Vectors' 'Plane' visualization, You can observe the direction of Flow.

You can also enable Drag Plot to observe Drag Force & Coefficient Vs Time plot.

Regards,
Mayur
Message 3 of 5
frmul
in reply to: mayur_dhumal

Hi

Thanks for your reply. First sorry for my english. I understand that Flow Design is a wind tunnel simulation and its principal date are  pressure and velocity. Using Drag plot i can have the magnitude of the total forze, but i need the centre of the forze. Whitout this information i can't calculate the fix point of the simulated structure. In the specific case i would like simulate an photovoltaic structure, and if i don't know the exactally coordinates of the center of the forze i can't calculate the fix point. If with this program i can't obtain what i need you can suggest me some other program.

Regard

Francesco

Message 4 of 5
Royce_adsk

I would suggest that you add center of force needs to the idea station. 

Autodesk Simulation CFD can determine those outputs for you.

Best regards,

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 5 of 5
JohnWeinstein

A complete selection of top-tier leak-proof integrated balancingmanufactured to stand the test of time and perfected through design innovations to achieve and maintain continuous optimum flow rates, superior debris resistance and reduced dimensional sensitivity with minimal easily-serviced maintenance.

Can you please tell me how would i get rid of encounter in the flow and provides solutions for working around them how ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report